members

online now

discussions

Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

ANSWERED
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity 4k - XG1v4 Cable Box Availability

RJG1 wrote:

Yes...those boxes will support 4K...What Comcast fails to disclose is that after you receive the box you will be billed an extra $19.95/mo. So before you upgrade your 5 beautiful OLED or QLED or 4K TVs be prepared to pay Comcast an additional $100/mo plus tax just for the privilege of allowing you to view the content. That's $1200/yr. This is because Comcast only makes a DVR box that will support 4K. Most people only need 1 DVR box and you can watch on any TV in the house. But Comcast MAKES you have a DVR for each TV to view 4K. Not only do we pay for content we don't need, we now pay for equipment we shouldn't need. Comcast response is, then don't buy a 4K TV.

all xg1's have same price. when the 'old' DVR is received in the warehouse they will reverse the extra DVR charge retroactively. When you exchange in a Comcast store it more or less is done immediately and you have your receipt.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

That's correct...but I shouldn't be forced to have a DVR for each 4K tv you own...1 DVR will let you view on any tv in the home for a small monthly fee...I can accept that....I can't accept being forced into equipment that we really shouldn't have to pay for...they should provide us a non DVR box that can support 401k at a reasonable price, or we should be able to purchase one, just like a cable modem
Service Expert

RJG1 wrote:
That's correct...but I shouldn't be forced to have a DVR for each 4K tv you own...1 DVR will let you view on any tv in the home for a small monthly fee...I can accept that....I can't accept being forced into equipment that we really shouldn't have to pay for...they should provide us a non DVR box that can support 401k at a reasonable price, or we should be able to purchase one, just like a cable modem

each TV has to have a set top box and hopefully soon there will be a companion 4k set top box. you can 'own' a roku that is currently in a free beta test program. Tivo is also available although I don't know their 4K offereings if any.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

4K X1 box

Is it possible to get a 4K X1 boxed shipped to me? The local service center did not have any....
Service Expert

Re: 4K X1 box

SPD-NH wrote:
Is it possible to get a 4K X1 boxed shipped to me? The local service center did not have any....

on the first page in this thread (link http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Xfinity-4k-XG1v4-Cable-Box-Availability/m-p/2992020/hi...) a Comcast Employee gives you options. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [personal identifying information in image]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

Official Employee

Hello @SPD-NH. I can help you get a new XG1v4 4K DVR ordered and shipped. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Visitor

I went to my local service center this morning, and the rep there only mentioned the Xi5 box as a 4k option (and that I could only get one if I ordered over the phone and would require a tech installation). The way he explained it, it sounds like the Xi5 box operates completely differently from the XG1v4 box that everyone here is mentioning--in fact, from how he explained it, getting the Xi5 would completely change how I currently use/setup my X1 DVR.

I own a Sony 4k TV and already have a Netflix 4k subscription. I'd like to be able to stream Netflix in 4k directly through my X1 DVR, and I'm intrigued by what I've read about the next-day 4k Olympics viewing in February through the X1 platform. I suppose it doesn't matter to me whether I usethe Xi5 box or the XG1v4 box; I'd just like to get access to 4k through Xfinity however possible.

Does anyone know the differences between these two boxes and/or how to get them? From this thread, it sounds like the best method is to have a Comcast rep here order the XG1v4 box for me. Is that still true?

Service Expert

wrote:

I went to my local service center this morning, and the rep there only mentioned the Xi5 box as a 4k option (and that I could only get one if I ordered over the phone and would require a tech installation). The way he explained it, it sounds like the Xi5 box operates completely differently from the XG1v4 box that everyone here is mentioning--in fact, from how he explained it, getting the Xi5 would completely change how I currently use/setup my X1 DVR.

I own a Sony 4k TV and already have a Netflix 4k subscription. I'd like to be able to stream Netflix in 4k directly through my X1 DVR, and I'm intrigued by what I've read about the next-day 4k Olympics viewing in February through the X1 platform. I suppose it doesn't matter to me whether I usethe Xi5 box or the XG1v4 box; I'd just like to get access to 4k through Xfinity however possible.

Does anyone know the differences between these two boxes and/or how to get them? From this thread, it sounds like the best method is to have a Comcast rep here order the XG1v4 box for me. Is that still true?

xi5 is not 4k at all. at thie time only the DVR xg1v4 is 4k compatible and that is only for Netflix with 4k premium subscription.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Is it also possible for me to get the 4k box. I am a premium netflix user. I had a comcast tech out today and thought he was going to install the XG1v4 box but he did not get the message from the person I spoke to on the phone and did not have any on his truck.

Official Employee

Hi, billm2626 - Please send me your full name, address, and a phone number associated with your account and I will submit a request to send an XG1v4 box to you. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Interesting...I went back and talked to someone else at the same service center, and they seemed to only know about the Xi5 box when it comes to 4k. Clearly something's not being communicated correctly.

Is there someone who can help order the XG1v4 box then? Like I mentioned earlier, I already have a 4k/UHD Netflix subscription.

Service Expert

wrote:

Interesting...I went back and talked to someone else at the same service center, and they seemed to only know about the Xi5 box when it comes to 4k. Clearly something's not being communicated correctly.

Is there someone who can help order the XG1v4 box then? Like I mentioned earlier, I already have a 4k/UHD Netflix subscription.

please follow the directions above your post (to private message the official employee).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

I didn't think you were supposed to just PM one of the Comcast employees. I'm happy to send that information to them but don't want to overstep any boundaries.

Official Employee

@bevans384 - Feel free to send me your information (full name, address, phone or account number) in a private message. I will submit a request to send a 4K DVR to you. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Need a 4K cable box.  Can ComcastZack help a guy in Portland, OR?

Regular Visitor

4k Box Availbility

Has anybody been able to get the 4k Box?

I tried three different avenues to get one of the 4k boxes. However, nobody was able to help me. I tried chat support, and they told me to call the main line or go to the store. I called Xfinity support and they were unable to order one for me and suggested I go into a Xfinity store. When I went to the store one of the employees told me they don't carry them in stock and aren't expecting to recieve any until mid to late March. The store employee then told me that I'd have to call Xfinity again, and they'd have to have a tech bring me a box.

This seems to be an endless loop.

Service Expert

Re: 4k Box Availbility

please follow the directions just above your two posts in post by @ComcastElla

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Need to swap HD DVR for Arris XG1v4 4K DVR

Hi,

Is there any possible way Comcast/Xinfity could ship me the new XG1v4 4K DVR and I could ship back my old HD DVR?  Customer support said I have to drive an hour away to get one from my nearest Comcast service center/store.  That is a 2 hour round trip!

Service Expert

Re: Need to swap HD DVR for Arris XG1v4 4K DVR

wrote:

Hi,

Is there any possible way Comcast/Xinfity could ship me the new XG1v4 4K DVR and I could ship back my old HD DVR?  Customer support said I have to drive an hour away to get one from my nearest Comcast service center/store.  That is a 2 hour round trip!

please follow the directions just above your two posts in post by @ComcastElla

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello all,

If you would like to get an X1 4K DVR box - please send me a private message with your full name, address, and a phone or account number. If you get any issues with the private messaging try to post a message (do NOT post any private information publicly) in this thread first and then send me a private message (click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me).

Thank you!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

4k box upgrade

Hi, I have a an XG1-a X1/DVR TV box, plus gigabit internet, a 4k smartTV, and am a Netflix UHD subsriber. While I'm aware that 4k cable/broadcast programming is not yet available, but I have read here that 4k X1 boxes are available. As I can't find a way to request a 4k TV box via the Xfinity web interface, is this something I have to request directly? Also, I noticed an eSATA connection on my current box, does this mean I can add an external HDD so to incease my DVR compacity? With that, were I to obtain a 4k unit, would it have DVR capability and the ability to connect an external HDD to it?

Tags (3)
Official Employee

Re: 4k box upgrade

Follow directions just above your post.

The only way to have extra storage for the X1 platform is to rent additional DVRs.

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: 4k Box Availbility

After reading a few posts in this forum, I got online chat and they shipped me one in two days ..last week 

Regular Visitor

Anyone?
Service Expert

wrote:
Anyone?

scroll up a few posts to one by ComcastElla and follow her post's directions to get the 4k DVR.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Apparently I can't PM ComcastElla until I post something in a forum. Can someone please request a PM from me so I can get an  XG1v4 4K DVR.

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

I got it. Thanks. I guess just posting something gives you access to PM.

Regular Visitor

Posting so I can PM to request a box
New Poster

Posting so I can PM @ComcastElla
New Poster

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Hi I would like to order a 4K box as well. I have called and waited for them to become available and to no avail. If you have any way to do this I’m in the Chicago area.
New Poster

Re: 4K UHD Set Top Box

Regular Visitor

ComcastElla, i would like to swap out my X1 box for a new 4k box.  I have tried to use the message option several times and it isnt working.  Thank you for any help you can provide. 

Service Expert

wrote:

ComcastElla, i would like to swap out my X1 box for a new 4k box.  I have tried to use the message option several times and it isnt working.  Thank you for any help you can provide. 

try again it should work now.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Posting for PM privileges.

Regular Visitor

as an X1 customer are there extra charges for getting this box?

Service Expert

wrote:

as an X1 customer are there extra charges for getting this box?

if you have the X1 service and swap another DVR for the xg1v4, no extra charge (rental).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I would like to get XG1v4 box to watch the Olympics in UHD and my local office does not have it.  Please help me.  Thanks.

Regular Visitor

New Poster

Same thing happened to me.  I called Comcast and they told me they have the new box at a location about 25 minutes distant.  I drove there and they do not have them and have not recently.  It will come by mail, but I wasted 2 hours and a gallon of gas due to incorrect information provided by the call center.

Frequent Visitor

I'm an x1 customer and they charged me $20/no for the box😞
Official Employee

@RJG1 - We don't apply these charges manually, the billing system applies them automatically. When you get a new box, you technically have 2 boxes on the account until you return the old box. As soon as you return the box, the system will prorate the charge. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I also spoke to an Xfinity rep on the phone and was told I could get a 4K x1 box at my local store. I just went to the xfinity store and was told I would have to call to order the 4K box and pay for installation which is ridiculous. Can someone help me get a 4K x1 box?
New Poster

I need one of these
New Poster

Need to post to request swap of HD DVR for ArrisXG1 4K unit
New Poster

What is a PM how do I get a 4K unit
Service Expert

wrote:
What is a PM how do I get a 4K unit

select page one at the top or bottom of this thread and follow the answer to the first post. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

Hi Zach,
I’d love to get a xg1v4 but I can’t seem to PM any of the Xfinity employees posting here...
Thanks!
Ahhh, you need to post before given the chance to send a pm... got it!
New Poster

The problem is that you are existing customer,,,

Apparently, xFinity spent 7.7 billion dollars to cover the Winter Olympics and are using this to promote their 4K broadcasts.  Sounds good right?  Looked into it and was able to determine that my X1 box needed to be swapped out to watch the various 4K broadcasts.  So I tried to contact customer service--  via online chat.  After 2 attempts, gave up and had them call me back--  autobot did immediately but lost me on transfer.  Tried again, got connected with customer service representative.  She listened to my needs and was able to confirm that my local store did have the 4K X1 boxes (in fact there were 40 of them).  I asked if she could reserve one of them for me and she said she was able to do so.  I drove over to the store (with my X1 box, power cord and remote) and had to figure out their protocol-- had to sign in and wait for a representative.  About 45 minutes later, spoke with a young man who was interested in what type of 4K TV I had.

I explained that I had reserved a 4K X1 box in an earlier call to the 800 support center.  He went in a door to a back room for about 5 minutes and came back telling me that their store did not have any 4K boxes.  He knew nothing about my reserved box.

I was livid--  then I realized that this is typical for existing customers.

As I was driving home, contacted the 800 number again, told her my story and was able to order a box through the mail.  Explained my story, and expressed that I would like an explanation of how this misservice could have happened...   We'll see,

Regular Visitor

Posting for PM rights.