New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XRE-10007 caused by rat chewing cable?

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

XRE-10007 caused by rat chewing cable?

My X1 system was working just fine when the error XRE-03030 first appeared. My first efforts were reseating the cables, power-cycling the stb, chatting with a Comcast agent, and finally replacing the stb. The error XRE-10007 appeared with the "Something's not quite right." message. That's the message most consistent now. If I exit a program, the XRE-10007 and "Something's not quite right." is displayed. I can access "Just Recorded" programs partially hidden under this black error panel. I am able to play recorded programs and On-Demand but trying to play something LIVE from the Guide gives me the XRE-10007 and "Something's..." message.

Years ago, a Comcast tech discovered a chewed cable that was causing a flaky signal. Since I've tried most troubleshooting, and the XRE-10007 error is caused by some loose or incomplete connection, I believe the cause of the error could once again be the result of a damaged cable.

I'd like a tech to come out and evaluate my cabling...ASAP.

Accepted Solution

Re: XRE-10007 caused by rat chewing cable?

Hi @Boofer. I can run the diagnostics and schedule a technician visit for you to get your XRE errors fixed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi @Boofer. I can run the diagnostics and schedule a technician visit for you to get your XRE errors fixed. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Yes, please schedule a tech to come out and check my cables. The box's firmware is doing some strange things. Sometimes when I finish watching a recorded program, the "Delete Recording" panel gets locked to the screen...I can then select the Guide or Saved and continue to action things in a ghosted format beneath this panel. The only way to clear it then is to unplug, wait, and replug the box. The rest of the time the "Something's..." panel is displayed. Very annoying.

Please help!

Frequent Visitor

So I was watching a recorded movie and everything was "fine" and then the movie froze, followed by this screen.

Help!

IMG_20171111_085436.jpg
Official Employee

Hello Boofer, were you able to get this scheduled? 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

You said you could run diagnostics and schedule this. No on both. Now I can't even access the limited services I could previously. I think the rat finally bit through and severed the cable. The only display is the "Something's..." "XRE-10007" panel.

Frequent Visitor

Here's the current situation:

The main set top box (stb) is now operating without a problem in my dining room. That's where I moved it when this thing started. The little satellite box that had been in the dining room is now attached to the main viewing TV in the living room. That appears to be where the problem exists. Before last night I could at least access my "Saved" programs, getting around the ever-present XRE-10007 panel. Now power-cycling the stb and satellite box does not allow me to get to ANYTHING in the living room. The stb in the dining room appears to be okay.

As another troubleshooting idea, I swapped a second satellite box from a third TV. No magical fix here...still broken.

Another observation: with the stb attached to the dining room TV, the contrast/brightness is extreme. Before the total failure last night of the satellite box attached to the living room TV, I had to crank up the volume on that TV. The only thing that had changed was the equipment. 

The tags show all of the errors I have seen.

Official Employee

Hi Boofer. We apologize this is still ongoing for you. I have moved you forward to schedule the technician visit so we can get a technician out to correct the wiring issues. I've sent this to you in private message. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Wow! 4 hours of hard troubleshooting by the Comcast tech and my TV service is once again available. Yay!

When he crawled under the house to check the cable run, he found a portion of the coax cable that had been chewed by a rat. Well what do you know?

That was a big part of my XRE-10007 problem, but it was complicated by the replacement stb that I had picked up in my early troubleshooting efforts. The complication rose from that stb not being entered into the database for my address. The stb that I had turned in for replacement was still the active box my system was trying to connect with. 

So, with the rat-chewed cable repaired and the stb properly registered in the Comcast world, my X1 system is back up and running. Kudos to the tech who scratched around the problem until he resolved it. Good job! Thank you.

Official Employee

Glad to hear your issue has been resolved! I'll pass along your kudos to the technician. 

Please let us know if there is anything further you need help with. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation