Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

X1 Triple Play promotion misrepresented

New Poster

X1 Triple Play promotion misrepresented

I contacted Chat to inquire about X1 promotions available to me. I wanted to add Internet to my existing Comcast tv plan. The Chat rep told me about an "excellent" package that gave me my current tv channels, added internet 150mbps, and phone service also for $89/month for the first 24 months and then $114 in month 25. I asked a few times during the 2.5 hour chat session about the plan being $89 for 24 months and the rep confirmed this. At the end of this marathon chat session I was send the order to confirm and immediately noticed the plan said it was $89 for 12 months, becoming $114 in month 13. I told the chat rep she wasn't sending me the plan she promoted to me. She checked and eventually conceded that she had indeed offered $89 for 24 months but she had made a mistake. I asked for anyway to get the offer she originally promoted for 2.5 hours, and she said she could not offer that. I asked if I could have the installation fee waived to offset some of the loss I was taking from the original offer and she said she could not. Thinking there might be someone up the chain who could approve the offer as it was made, I asked for a transcript ID indicating I would try to contact the corporate office to approve the offer of $89 for 24 months. I got the transcript id number and asked how I could get the transcript emailed to me so I would have to review when I contacted corporate or some higher level management. I think the chat rep was worried about this. I was told to click on the upper right corner X to exit the chat and I would then get the opportunity to request the chat to be emailed. I asked several times about which X because there were 2 to consider. When it was clear which one she meant, I clicked on it only to have the chat box close with no opportunity to get the transcript emailed. I was very upset by this and immediately re-entered chat to see if I could get the transcript emailed by giving my transcript ID #. Another 40 minutes on this chat to find out the chat rep couldn't send it to me even though he could see it. He said to call 1800xfinity. I called today, another 40 minutes, and talked to tech support. They could also see my chat but had no way to send it to me. I would like to get my transcript. I have since discovered that the first chat rep told me exactly the wrong thing to do. To get the transcript saved or emailed you have to click on the upper LEFT corner menu icon before exiting. Can someone help me get my transcript. If employees can pull it up on a screen they must (or someone must) be able to at least print it out and postal mail it to me. Or can someone tell me who to contact to get the offer that was promoted to me?

Cable Expert

Re: X1 Triple Play promotion misrepresented

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thanks. I spoke with a rep and the matter is resolved.
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation