members

online now

discussions

Why can't I reply?

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

This website is atrocious, as is everything about Comcast's customer service contact options.  I just spent 20 min on the phone with a CSR, who after multiple holds lost the call somehow but never called me back.  I tried to use the Chat feature but it doesn't work at all because it says " There are 1 errors on the page. Phone Number is required." but there is no field to request a phone number. I tried to use the forums to reply to a thread where my question was being discussed, but I had to first create a forum account, after which it still doesn't let me reply to an existing thread with no indication about why that limitation is there.  I checked my comcast email account to see if I could at least reply to an email there to ask my question but now I'm getting 502 proxy error messages there too.  I finally am apparently able to create a new forum thread but I'm sure some new error will come up which will prevent this from posting.

Comcast, get your act together - this would be embarrasingly poor service for a small mom-and-dad cable shop, much less the behomoth that you are.

The cynic in me says this is all a way to prevent me from opting out of the "advanced advertising preferences" in the way they say all customers should be able to, as discussed below.

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/CTV_Equip/thread-id/127701 

My question -- anyone know of what I have to do so I can actually reply to the above thread where my topic was being discussed?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3

The link you posted actually goes nowhere.

Why not post the question you have here?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 3

Your post was removed to a secure location for a violation of Forum Guidelines [language]. If you are not familiar with our Guidelines you may review them here.