Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

When should cable lines be replaced (between poles), ours were installed over twenty years ago

New Poster

When should cable lines be replaced (between poles), ours were installed over twenty years ago

The cable lines in our development, particularly in front of our home have been in the elemnts for over 25 years.  Our internet is sporadic as far as speed and streaming video is near imposible.  We have replaced the cable from the pole to the house twice in the last 10 yrs, Purchased the best consumer modems and routers, wired our home with new coaxial cable and Cat6a wiring.  Cable Co. repair men have been to our home so many times and each one have a different resolve but all have said the infrastructure (cable lines) should be replaced.  They have dry rot and are full of holes.   We have asked for a supervisor to inspect and advise and although they (Comcast) have agreed, we have not seen any evidence or a report.  Need help

Admin1

Re: When should cable lines be replaced (between poles), ours were installed over twenty years ago

Hi doabs1 -- I can help with that line issue. I spoke with our maintenance team, who handles line replacement, about the condition of these lines. Maintenance has opened a job to come out and review the condition of these lines. They will replace them if they are confirmed to be damaged or confirmed to be the cause of your service issues. I will keep you updated on progress. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Admin1

Re: When should cable lines be replaced (between poles), ours were installed over twenty years ago

doabs1 -- Maintenance was able to come out to look over these lines. They found that the lines did not need replacement but they did need to connect into a new tap. This has been completed as well. Can you let me know if you're still seeing any service issues now that your lines are connected to a new tap please?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation