Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Wanted to upgrade to X1 but...

Problem Solver

Wanted to upgrade to X1 but...

I currently have a non-X1 triple play package. I wanted to take advantage of a promotional package that was suppposted to include X1. Unfortunately I was told that my CableCard tuner for my PC would no longer be supported. I switched to the new "X1" package but was allowed to keep my old non-X1 equipment. That means that my service will continue the same as before (no X1 equpment).

Is it true that having an all X1 service will not allow a customer owned CableCard tuner to be used?

Old triple play package:
HD PREFERRED XF BUNDLE (triple play)
Includes Digital Preferred With STARZ, HD Technology Fee, TV Box, Blast! Internet and XFINITY Voice Unlimited

New triple play package:
X1 PREFERRED TRIPLE PLAY
Includes Digital Preferred With STARZ, HD Technology Fee, TV Box, Streampix, Blast! Internet and XFINITY Voice Unlimited

Problem Solver

Re: Wanted to upgrade to X1 but...

Update...

My non-X1 DVR falied. When I went to exchange it for a new one they gave me an X1 DVR.

After I activated the X1 DVR my user owned TV tuner for my PC still worked fine.

I then decided to exchange the non-X1 HD cable box in my bedroom for an equivalent X1 HD cable box.

After I activated the X1 HD cable box my user owned TV tuner for my PC no longer worked.

After a couple customer support calls and a visit from a Comcast tech he suggested I swap out my CableCARD for another one at the Xfinity store. I did that.

After two more calls to customer support my user owned TV tuner for my PC is now working.

Previous calls to customer support only send out a refresh signal. That was not enough.

What was needed was a "pairing" refresh signal to be sent. Even then it took several attempts to get my CableCARD activated properly.

In searching this forum a few other people had the same problem as I had. Activating X1 somehow caused user owned CableCARD TV tuners to stop working. The solution is to find someone at Comcast support at at least tier 2 that understands CableCARDs and can "re-pair" your CableCARD.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation