Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Unauthorized Credit Inquiry

New Poster

Unauthorized Credit Inquiry

I signed up for Xfinity service this past Thursday 3/22/18.  I did not provide my social security number.  The agent explicitly stated that if I chose to pay a $50 deposit, a credit inquiry would not be performed.  I gladly paid the $50 deposit.  The next morning I saw that Comcast STILL ran an inquiry on my Equifax report.  This is unacceptable.  After being on the phone for approximately 3 hours, nothing was solved.  A supervisor stated that all he could do was escalate it to another department, and I would hear from them within 2 weeks.  I would like to speak to someone who can help me with this directly, as this NEEDS to be removed from my credit report.

Expert

Re: Unauthorized Credit Inquiry

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized Credit Inquiry

Hi jw536926, 

As the Corporate Digital Care Team, we primarily work through private message on social media to resolve concerns. I do have the ability to help get this resolved for you. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.