Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Unable to change call forwarding features

Contributor

Unable to change call forwarding features

Before anyone asks me to move this post, I did post it in the telephone section of the forums and have received NO REPLIES.  So, I am reposting here, (since I see it is monitored by Comcast employees) as I feel I do not have full acces to features THAT I AM PAYING FOR and have not received adequate support from Comcast on this matter. Anyhow, I am unable to change the settings for for my call forwarding through the web interface, it says Temporarily Unavailable (I'll post a screenshot). I want to use nomorobo (as suggested by Comcast) to stop receiving robocalls. I spent 40 minutes on chat support with a Comcast bot and got no help. He kept giving me instructions on how to setup nomorobo. I explained to him that I could not access that feature to add nomorobos number to my forwarding list as the instructions tell me to. I called support, spoke to an agent and he started a ticket. I received a return call from another tech that did not listen to my problem, I explained the above information to him. I only received a robocall from Comcast asking me to call them if the problem is still persisiting. It is, but I'm not calling back. I have even tried setting up Voice 2go on my Comcast app (info I found on another forum here to allow access to the advanced call forwarding features)and it says that it is only for residential customers (which I do have Comcast unlimited voice service), so, I can't set that up on my app. Any assistance here would be helpful. Below is the screenshot of my issue. Also, it sure would be nice to be able to EMAIL tech support insetead of going through chat or phone.
Comcast2.jpgThis is what my issue is and I can't access the features.

Contributor

Re: Unable to change call forwarding features

Wow, comcast, your customer support really is horrible/awful/terrible/c raptastic. Not even a boilerplate reply about "this is a known problem" or "we're looking into this for you". Nothing. Why do we pay so much for so little help???

Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Thank you for YOUR help. It shouldn't take getting snarky or nasty to garner a response though. But, I appreciate it.

Official Employee

Hello, I can assist you further from here if you would like. Would you mind if I look at your account?

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation