Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Try as I might, Comcast is winning, I'm so weary!

Regular Visitor

Try as I might, Comcast is winning, I'm so weary!

This is the most frustrating experience I've ever experienced and I've been at it for weeks. For the past 5 years my bill has been ~$70, I haven't changed my service, I haven't requested a change of service, I didn't necessarily want to change my service, it was good enough for our needs. This month, I get a bill for $136, so I get on the chat line, get a lot of run around, they give me a number of what the new monthly amount is, but I asked why it was changed, I'm told to call customer support on Monday. I call customer support, more run around, I'm told a different monthly rate, again I ask who decided to change my service, the agent couldn't answer, told me to call another number. Today, I call the "other" number and get an agent, obviously it's an Indian call center, more run around and still no answer. HOW do I find out why my account was changed, and can I change it back??????? Unfortunately, Comcast has a monopoly in the area that I live, so they have the upper hand, pay up or they pull the plug, if I had an option I'd dump them like an old pair of boots. Has anyone figured out the secret to get a particular question answered?

Cable Expert

Re: Try as I might, Comcast is winning, I'm so weary!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

@crt24 wrote:

This is the most frustrating experience I've ever experienced and I've been at it for weeks. For the past 5 years my bill has been ~$70, I haven't changed my service, I haven't requested a change of service, I didn't necessarily want to change my service, it was good enough for our needs. This month, I get a bill for $136, so I get on the chat line, get a lot of run around, they give me a number of what the new monthly amount is, but I asked why it was changed, I'm told to call customer support on Monday. I call customer support, more run around, I'm told a different monthly rate, again I ask who decided to change my service, the agent couldn't answer, told me to call another number. Today, I call the "other" number and get an agent, obviously it's an Indian call center, more run around and still no answer. HOW do I find out why my account was changed, and can I change it back??????? Unfortunately, Comcast has a monopoly in the area that I live, so they have the upper hand, pay up or they pull the plug, if I had an option I'd dump them like an old pair of boots. Has anyone figured out the secret to get a particular question answered?

There is no lifetime guarantee that your bill is going to stay the same forever.  Your service was changed because of price increases.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Regular Visitor

That's OK, just SAY SO! Three agents, so far, haven't offered that as the reason.

Most Valued Poster

CRT, If you like you can PM me and I may be able to help.

Official Employee

Hello crt24, the information that (Again) provided is correct. We do not have guarantee pricing outside of your agreed upon contract. If you have any additional questions or concerns regarding your bill please send me a private message with your full name, account number, and street address and I can assist you further.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

@crt24 Please note that Kenny768 is NOT a Comcast employee so if you share any personal information with him via PM you do so at your own risk. 

Please continue working with ComcastAmir, who IS a Comcast employee and can be trusted with personal information.

@Kenny768 When a Comcast employee is helping a customer it's best to allow them to work with the customer without interference.  Thanks.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Official Employee

Hello all, (Again) is correct. Although it is ok to share knowledge peer to peer, never share your personal information online unless instructed to do so by a Comcast employee. Please reach back out to me here or send me a private message if you need further assistance. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

I see you are posting I am not an employee.

Question 1

Is posting as a customer anywhere here, against the rules?

Question 2

Are you mentioning in all threads that include help by other customers that they are not employees as well, as you are doing to me? Or are you discriminating?

Question 3

Are you telling others needing help to be careful of anyone asking for private info when they are asked to PM another customer? If so can you direct me to those posts?

Question 4

What "interference" are you referring to?.

4B Is it considered interference to continue to offer advice on any given thread once an employee has offered advice?

4C I should mainly ask, is it allowed, period.

I would appreciate clear answers to those so I can know just what you expect from me and I assume everyone else  And the one more if you don't mind

Question 5, If I PM others or mention Internet essentials even in the revamped version I offered in your first scolding of me on another thread, will you ban me from the boards? If so, and you will only ban for one of those thing, please be clear. I need to know that for certian so I can avoid that

And geez, one more...silly me, just realized...

Qyuestion 6

Can you please direct me to those rules, the ones you are posting for me here and on another thread, so I can see them in writing, ans please be specific what rule/quote it here if you will so it will help everyone.

Not an official question, but is there anything else that as far as I know are unwriten rules directed only at me, that I need to comply too?

Thanks for your help, so many rules I was not aware of. Smiley Happy

Most Valued Poster

Again

Official Employee

@Kenny768, my response was to educate anyone who comes to this page that they are not to share any account specific or personal information. The response was not directed at you in particular but to the community as a whole. If you would like more information on Forums rules I can have ComcastJessie send them to you (they are posted on the main Comcast page as well). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Most Valued Poster

Oh, I'm aware it wasn't directed at me. I thought you were trying to scare others, not me, so naturally it would be directed at them.

On the rules you mention for some reason, what rules do you feel I'm unaware of, and why? You may post them here if there's a problem. I do ask that you be specific on what each rule means, as I was directly to those policies the other day, and didn't see where I had broken a single rule..just so you see my concern and reason for clarity.

Ands speaking of clarity, could you please answer the several questions I asked a few posts above us, so I can get an idea of what's up. I tried to get some help on specific questionsthe other day but no one on was interested, so, just hoping you are.

I'm still concerned about my information or whatever is going on, something just isn'r right about that warning coming out of the clear blue like that..makes no sense unless you are addressing a recent problem.

Thanks

Official Employee

@Kenny768 I can address any questions or concerns that you have in a private setting. This page is not the appropriate place to do so, please send me a private message with your questions/concerns. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Kenny has made no pretenses of being a Comcast employee, nor have I exchanged any personal information other than exchanging our experiences with Comcast. Isn't that what a forum is all about? I am willing to reach out to others who may help me discover the bureaucracy of Comcast, so that I get answers to my questions. No need to further threaten customers.

Most Valued Poster

Thank you CTR, that was kind of you...more than I can say for some around here.

I mean seriousely, can't tell people about Internet Essentuals because it might not be available to them in their area or they may not qualify? How do they know it's their area or if they qualify if they don't know about it? lol That's one for the books. Smiley Happy Comcasrt would have been better off telling the truth.

I honestly don't think some are seeing the big picture here nor thinking things thorugh on what best for even Comcast, but that's fine with me.

Most Valued Poster

I have placed several questions on this thread alone, yoiu may star there if you like and then I can go find the others posted in the last few days.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 5 in conversation