New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

The worst customer service of my life.

Highlighted
New Poster

The worst customer service of my life.

I have worked in customer service on and off for the majority of my life. I have dealt with some pretty terrible people over the phone, on both sides of service calls. <br><br>The call I just got off of with the "loyalty" department was one of the worst I have ever experienced. <br><br>We have been customers of Comcast for 1 year and 9 months in the same apartment. When we signed up, we got a double play combo for 89.99 a month, which we were never told would actually work out to 109.00 after taxes and hidden fees. We dealt with that. <br><br>Then, after a year, our bill magically became 139.00, and I was told there was nothing we could do about it, even though we were locked in to a 2 year contract. We dealt with that too. <br><br>Then, about 4 months ago, our Internet started going down randomly, over and over. I run an online publication, and my live in girlfriend goes to school full time. Our bill also magically decided that it would now be 146.00. I called, and called. And every time, we would get the tech department, and they would fix the issue. Temporarily. Last time we called, they gave us free HBO for 3 months for the headache. <br><br>Then, last month, I realized we had been being charged for showtime. A service that we never ordered, and today our internet went down AGAIN!<br><br>So, I called. And I was not happy. The tech gentlemen that I spoke with was as nice as could be. He got our internet working, deleted Showtime, and the 30 extra dollars on the bill that I refused to pay for. Then he sent us to the "loyalty" department to see if they could get our bill lower than 143.00, since it was like 60 bucks more than what we had initially decided was the price we could afford MONTHLY! <br><br>Never, did I expect the "loyalty" department of a business to act like this gentlemen over the phone. I told him our story, and he told me that I HAD ORDERED SHOWTIME FROM MY HOME. No one in our two person household would order showtime. We can't afford it. Then he told me that my bill was actually 168.00, and that the only thing he would do for me was lower it back to the 143.00 which we were paying already anyways. Then, he told me that he wouldn't go back and forth with me, and that my bill was never 89.00 a month which is a blatant lie. He basically told me I was full of garbage, and he had no intention of helping us out in this horrid situation that his company had created for us. <br><br>It's almost been two years Comcast, and we are moving to a new apartment at the end of the month. It's only 40 bucks to cancel your service at that point, and we will be looking in to dish, or direct. I don't understand how you are still an operating business when you treat your customers this way. I will be writing my local cable commission too, and I'm going on a nationwide speaking tour in the summer wherein I will get everyone I possibly can to switch away from your terrible business practices and in to another company who values it's long term customers.
Tags (2)
Official Employee

Re: The worst customer service of my life.

Hi Thislifeishard,

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to get your issues resolved. We don't want to lose you as a customer.  I would like to review your account to see if there's any way I can make this right for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation