Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Telephone showing incorrect time

New Poster

Telephone showing incorrect time

Why has my home phone time not updated to Daylight savings time? The entire country knows when the change occurred, my cable time, and home security updated so why not the phone. I was on a forum where a Comcast employee requested people send him their CMAC address and he would correct it. This is a stupid technique and a gross inefficiency, not to mention an inconvenience to your customers but then that's typical of Comcast. I pay you a lot of money monthly and I am satisfied for the most part, but your consideration of your customers ranks a low stinks on my scale.

Regular Visitor

Re: Telephone showing incorrect time

I don't know if this will help you but since adding Nomorobo to our phone a few days ago, our phone kept displaying the wrong time by 5 hours even after correcting it.  Found out on a different website to take our Panasonic phone off of Auto Time Adjust and switch it to Manual because it's responding to a call from a different time zone (if we had call waiting, which we do).  Maybe your phone is on some type of Manual adjust already?  Unless of course your phone has adjusted time just fine before and then suddenly it didn't change with this past time change, then I would agree with "what's up?".  Nevertheless, this person suggested contacting your provider as you have to find out why it's happening.  So now we'll have to adjust our phone for time changes and power outages too.  As an aside, Nomorobo works and I'm thankful for that.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation