Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Switching to HD Box

New Poster

Switching to HD Box

I want to update my current tv box to one and HD box.  I've seen that I can do this via chat but when I try to pick a "topic" for my chat, nothing is appropriate.  Is there a particular topic to choose that I am missing?  I don't need to troubleshoot and I don't have a question on my bill.  Those seem to be the only options.  

I also don't understand why I can't order it online.  I can buy an extra HD box online, but not replace my current one.  That's just an observation and not part of my question.

Thanks!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Switching to HD Box

If you want to add an HD box to your account, just pick one up at your local Comcast store. If you do not already have HD service, you will have to add that @ $9.95/mo.

Also, you cannot buy any cablebox online, except Tivo, that Comcast will activate.

New Poster

Thanks for the reply but out local office is almost an hour away. I'll give them a call. I just thought someone may have known.
Silver Problem Solver

Good luck with your call. Let us know how you do.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation