members

online now

discussions

Suspicious Calls From 855-538-4277

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

I've been getting a suspicious call (recorded message) from 1(855) 538-4277 claiming its from Comcast saying I have an open service order and an issue with my service, and they'd like to schedule a free home visit.  The calls came in 3 times a day, which was excessive and disruptive!  Hard to tell is it's legit or a scam.  Comcast phone support had no idea where the calls were coming from and didn't  give me any good answers on what to do or who to report this to (they just tried to upsell me).  Very frustrating.  But.... suddenly the calls stopped after I called comcast, so it appears like it's a scare-tactic marketing campaign from comcast to get us to call in and upgrade.  Now 2 weeks later, I'm getting the same phone message again (slightly differently worded) and it needs to stop.  Comcast, if this is you, please stop calling me if there's not a real issue!  If it isn't you, please investigate the suspicious call.

Also, you need to post a solution or answer to the other identical posts on here!  Emailing the person in private doesn't communicate to me what to do when I'm searching, and just wastes more of my valuable time retyping this stuff in an online forum.  Also, please create a specific place where we can report suspicious calls like this (or educate the phone support to have proper solutions, actually listen to my questions instead of upselling me when I call in with a problem. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2
It's a legitimate call, there's ingress present in your house, tagged by the maintainance team. It's possibly interfering with your service and your neighbors too. Any messages requesting private messages is because of private information that is being discussed and can't be posted in a public forum. Next time they call set up an appointment.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon