New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Street box missing cover

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Street box missing cover

The concrete cover on my Xfinity street box has been missing for some time now. Over the last several months I have spoken to half a dozen customer service reps. and several supervisors. All were very polite and said that someone would call me to schedule a visit. Of all those service requests I  recieved one phone call from a scheduling rep. who assured  me that someone would come out to "take care of my issue". The one and only time a service tech. came out to look at it, well, he sat in his van for 10 minutes then put an orange safety cone next to it and  closed the service ticket. 

My favorite call was with Xfinity customer service rep. who assured me that his supervisor,  the "voice" of Xfinity customer service (as evidenced by his television commercials), would be calling me within 48hrs....he even gave me Kieran's direct line.

Did Kieran ever call? No, I did leave him several messages but he never returned my calls.

Xfinity is a large organization, not unlike a government, with a lot of moving parts. Customer service can only put in a service requests but if the local side of service wants to ignore it they can easily do so (as evidenced from my current predicament). So, I have a hole in the ground at the street next to my driveway. If someone trips and falls into it then I can only hope that my documentation will move the liability to Xfinity. I'm sure that a very polite and well meaning customer service rep. will respond to this forum post and do what he/she can (open yet another service ticket) but without a field service superviser for my area to follow through, well, I'm not holding my breath.

Accepted Solution

Re: Street box missing cover

bradocross wrote: I highly recommend that everyone having a problem with customer service post on this forum. I never received a reply to my post (on this forum) but it sure "shook the tree". After posting (on this forum) I received a call from Kieran, a call from a field supervisor, and a call from an Xfinity subcontractor. The very next day the subcontractor came out with the replacement cover, dropped it in place and left me with a smile on my face. Thank you to that person (persons) who was (were) responsible for making this happen. 

Thank you for sharing your resolution with us here. I am glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you, have a good day. 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi bradocross, I show that we have a tech scheduled to come out and repair the pedestal outside your home. Have you been contacted by local dispatch to inform you of the date and time the tech is to arrive?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I highly recommend that everyone having a problem with customer service post on this forum. I never received a reply to my post (on this forum) but it sure "shook the tree". After posting (on this forum) I received a call from Kieran, a call from a field supervisor, and a call from an Xfinity subcontractor. The very next day the subcontractor came out with the replacement cover, dropped it in place and left me with a smile on my face. Thank you to that person (persons) who was (were) responsible for making this happen. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

bradocross wrote: I highly recommend that everyone having a problem with customer service post on this forum. I never received a reply to my post (on this forum) but it sure "shook the tree". After posting (on this forum) I received a call from Kieran, a call from a field supervisor, and a call from an Xfinity subcontractor. The very next day the subcontractor came out with the replacement cover, dropped it in place and left me with a smile on my face. Thank you to that person (persons) who was (were) responsible for making this happen. 

Thank you for sharing your resolution with us here. I am glad that we were able to get this taken care of for you, have a good day. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon