Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Squealing sound on telephone

Posted by
Visitor
  • The Community would like to Welcome you!

Message 1 of 2 (545 Views)

Squealing sound on telephone

For more than a year now I have had an occasional squealing noise when people call on the telephone (sounds just like a fax machine but we don't have one). In addition, sometimes callers simply don't get through or they get through and we can't hear them. I called customer service and they sent out a technician who was completely clueless: it's due to your routing the cable through a surge suppressor (I live on top of a mountain with frequent lightning strikes and there is no way I would route a cable directly to anything) and that was causing an intermittent short circuit! I pointed out that if there was an intermittent short circuit how come my internet connection never had any problems. Then he told me that there was obviously a short circuit because the lights on the modem were flashing! I pointed out that they were MEANT to flash. Then he left.

I intend to drop my voice service but I want to port my number to  a landline. I have zero confidence that they will do it properly but I simply can't go on with the existing service.

1 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee
  • Xfinity Approved. We're Official Employees and here to Help!

Message 2 of 2 (488 Views)

Re: Squealing sound on telephone

We'd like to look into this. If you don't mind, will you please contact us and provide your information at

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com? Also, please include a copy of your post for reference.

-->