Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Someone is disabling two factor authentication on my account

New Poster

Someone is disabling two factor authentication on my account

As mentioned in the title of the post, someone is disabling the two factor authentication (I get an unique code sent to my mobile) that I had enabled to log in to Xfinity My Account. I have done everything like changing my Xfinity account log in password, changing my preferred email address password, changing the secret question / answer. 

After disabling two factor authentication, this person tries to change the preferred email address. Then he tries to add multiple TV packages to my account. All this has been happening for the past couple of weeks. Ever time he/she does some changes to my account, I get an email; then I call Comcast support and revert back all the changes made to my account.

Yesterday, I was speaking with Comcast Security about this issue. The support personnel asked me to change the passwords once again; and as soon as I changed my password, this supposed hacker got access of my account and disabled TFA.

Why is this happening? I mean I thought TFA is supposed to stop all hacking. But this person easily manages to gain access to my account on a whim.

What else should I do to stop the hacking? Any suggestions?

New Poster

Re: Someone is disabling two factor authentication on my account

The hacker gained access to my account today too. He changed my xfinity account login password, added a couple of latino TV packages to my internet only account. This person has access to my name, SSN and current xfinity service address. Armed with all these info, he simply contacts Comcast support number. And Comcast support personnel helps him to add extra TV packages to my account.

As expected, Comcast support forwarded my call to the security team; who is completely clueless (no offense). They give the scripted answers such as change your password, change your secret question/answer. However, even after changing all these details (last week and today), this person can change every aspect of my account by simply placing a phone call to the Comcast support because he knows my name, SSN and current xfinity service address!

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation