Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Someone already has my modem active on their account

New Poster

Someone already has my modem active on their account

I've been trying to add my modem that I have to my Xfinity account. However, it seems like someone in Washington has the exact same model and MAC address listed as their active modem on their account (I live in California). I've called about 5-6 times trying to get this issue resolved, but have not gotten anywhere. I purchased my modem new from BestBuy less than 3 years ago, and it has never left my possession. The other party added it to their account 2 months ago. 

It's been extrememly frustrating trying to resolve this issue. Each time I call, the representative says that they can't do anything because it is the active modem. They keep trying to get in contact with the other party. The first time they said an unauthroized user answered the phone. All subsequent attempts have gone to voicemail. This definitely sounds fraudulent to me.

Cable Expert

Re: Someone already has my modem active on their account

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Someone already has my modem active on their account

Hi, entangled - My apologies for your experience, let me check what is going on with your modem. Please send me a private message and include your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number, make/model of your modem, MAC address. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation