Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Sold me unlimited data, now trying to sell it to me again, or just ditch me if I prefer that

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 10 (271 Views)

Sold me unlimited data, now trying to sell it to me again, or just ditch me if I prefer that

I have a simple issue, but apparently one with no simple solution. On feb 25th, I called in to sales and spoke with a woman whos name I unfortunately did not get. I inquired about available packages and bundles, eventually settling on the Extreme 150 (150mbps) internet-only package. I inquired directly regarding what bandwidth caps/usage caps I would be under, and was answered quite plainly that there were no caps and there would be no extra charges for usage. I purchased the service directly after that.

I began seeing browser alerts advising me that I was approaching my 1TB (1024G cap some days later, which prompted me to investigate my account details, and later to contact support as I do in fact show a 1024GB cap, after which I will face extra charges of  $10 per 50GB (after the two month grace period, of course). Naturally I assumed that this was in error, since I had been advised that the services I was purchasing were unlimited. I bounced around and spoke with various reps (fourteen reps total, at the time of this posting, including three who claimed to be supervisors from Billing, Tech Support and Sales respectively), and have yet to get the proper resolution. The last person I spoke with was in retention, who assured me that having the unlimited data package added would cost me $50 a month extra, and also reminded me several times (at least two) that I am within my trial period and am able to cancel services without issue.

I have been offered a $50 one-time credit as a show of "good faith" by three reps, which I have declined each time as I am not willing to accept $50/month extra for the other 11 months of my contract, after having purchased services which were already supposed to be unlimited.

I have been told that the $50 unlimited package is not available in my area, and also that it is available in my area, depending on who I speak with.

I have had (to my knowledge) two ER1 tickets opened for this issue, which I recorded the numbers for. Both were closed with no resolution. I was later told by the sales supervisor that no ticket exists which covers this issue, and that all further notes regarding it would be placed directly on my account.

I have been told that I would be called back twice, the first time by the rep who told me she was a sales supervisor, and the second time by the retention rep who said she was arranging for her supervisor to call me. Neither time have I received a call back, this seems to have been a tactic to get me off the phone.

I have kept detailed notes regarding who I spoke with and what they told me, for each of the 14 reps I have spoken with regarding this issue. I have directly contacted the office of the VP of customer service via a web form I was able to locate with google, and am awaiting their reply. My next step will be to contact the Franchise Authority in my area, which is a tip I gathered on reddit. If anyone is able to help me, all I am seeking is to have the original sale honored, for the price that was discussed at that time. I have no intention to cancel service or accept anything less.

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 10 (253 Views)

Re: Sold me unlimited data, now trying to sell it to me again, or just ditch me if I prefer that

You'll have to wait for resolution through Tom K's office, the reps on here won't be able to do anything for you since you chose that route for resolution. 

I appreciate your zeal, but Comcast is not going to give you unlimited data for the rest of your contract, even if a rep gave you the wrong info when you called. The best you're going to get is an apology and a courtesy credit. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 10 (238 Views)

Re: Sold me unlimited data, now trying to sell it to me again, or just ditch me if I prefer that

Update: I was contacted back by the sales supervisor who informed me that she is still working on the issue. She was unaware that I had already been directed to retention once when I called, and was going to bridge me in with them until informed of that. She advised that she is going to work with her supervisor to find me a solution, and I am now waiting for another callback.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 10 (208 Views)

The latest:

I was emailed back by Leah G with the office of Tom Karinshak who very cordially took ownership of the issue. I have an ESL ticket now, and have been contacted by phone by a person also named Leah, but who was not aware of the email sent by Leah G, so this is likely just a coincidental name. Phone Leah is looping in Customer Security Assurance as she was unable to personally review the initial sales call, and promised me another call when she has been able to make more progress.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 10 (163 Views)

Latest update: I was contacted back by Leah, but no resolution.

She advised that they have been unable to find the original sales call recording, and so are unable to take further action, which is disappointing. She advised me that the rep who opened my account was male, which is odd because the rep I spoke with when setting up services was female. This led me to wonder if I hadn't been misled originally by a reseller of some sort, so I went through my call history and contacted the sales line I originally spoke with, confirmed that they are a third party, and have arranged for them to do a call review and have a supervisor there contact me back on Monday. I'm going to reach out to my carrier to attempt to get a copy of the call on my end as well.

During the call with Leah she told me that I did have two courtesy 50gb overage packages, and that she saw I had used both of them already. I asked if these were related to the two grace-months I had been advised about on a few previous calls, and she explained to me that there are no grace months, that the 50gb packages are what would have been referred to. Seing as I have been taking detailed notes, when she advised me of that, I gave her a few names/departments/calltimes for her to review. Hopefully she is able to locate those calls and at least clear this month's data charges, since I was advised multiple times that it was two grace months, not two courtesy data bundles of 50gb each.

I then inquired about the 300mbps bundle package which retention had told me about, which I had been advised would include unlimited data and which was available in my location, but she was unable to locate a 300mbps package with unlimited, and told me that the 300mbps package she could find was not available in my area. I gave her another name/department/calltime to review.

Currently waiting for callback from the reseller and a response from my wireless carrier. To be quite honest I'm not sure how the reseller would be able to make this right even if they are able to locate the call, since they are not Comcast and would not have control over my bill. Regardless, the state of the situation remains largely unchanged other than the fact that I've racked up the maximum overage charge possible, $200, having assumed that the original sale would be honored and that even if it wasn't, I had a grace month.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 6 of 10 (155 Views)

Hi blackengel88 -- Apologies for any misinformation from this 3rd party seller. As Leah has mentioned, our Internet plans do not come with Unlimited Data without purchasing our Unlimited Data plan. I have also checked for these 300Mbps plans with Unlimited Data. I was unable to locate any that came with Unlimited Data. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 7 of 10 (105 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I have spent the last few days attempting to work with the reseller who set up my account (broadbandnow.com, #844-246-9494) but they are playing dumb and telling me that I've never called into their system previously. I was actually advised by a gentleman claiming to be a supervisor there that I had never called in before, when I have call logs which show differently. I am now seeking any information available regarding the creation of my account. If possible, any confirmation numbers or reseller ID's or anything of that nature would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 8 of 10 (98 Views)

I had a look to see what I could get you. The only information we have on this order is our own in-house verifications. We have to enter these orders on behalf of any 3rd party group so anything on here has our identifiers on it. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 10 (49 Views)

Update:

Leigh H. with the Executive Customer Relations Team was able to give me the name of the 3rd party dealer and the order #, which was enough for me to reach back out to the 3rd party and start making progress once again. I cannot give high enough praise to Leigh for her assistance with all this.

As it stands currently, the 3rd party ("Saveology" aka Qology aka Centerfield aka Broadbandnow.com) has located my account, been able to verify much of the information related to the issue and has requested that when I actually see the usage fees hit my bill at the end of the month that I contact them back and they will work with me to find a resolution. As a side note, it really threw them off their script when I was able to give them the order #, I think this was the key piece of the puzzle. At this point I am confident that the fault was not with Comcast itself, but with this dishonest 3rd party dealer who lied to make a sale.

I will continue to update as things unfold.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 10 of 10 (37 Views)

Wow, good job getting on top of that. Keep us posted!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.