New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Service Cancellation or rate adjustment experience

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

Spoke to a csr today as my 24 mo. agreement is expiring this month. Unfortunately, while they were very cordial, they were unwilling or did not have the authority to negotiate a package deal to match my current one or get me one that is better while new customers (non proven ontime payers) get better package deals. It seems that they were more content with letting me cancel the service than keeping it (16 years ontime paying customer). Has anyone experienced this same level of "don't care about keeping you" as a long time on time paying customer? Sad that I have to go with the competition who is willing to give me a descent deal and try me as a new customer when I'd rather reamin with Comcast. Add to that the frustration that online chat does not even work.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 5

Wait til your promo expires and see if the new provider gives you another discount.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 3 of 5
Solution

I am beyond frustrated calling comcast also the past couple days.  Long story short, I was put on a Latino package this past summer without realizing it---apparantly he was giving me the best deal.  I realized a few months ago i wasn't receiving some channels, and when I contacted them they told me I was on the Latino package, not sure why when I do not speak spanish.  The girl said she could put me on a different package and my bill would only be $5 more a month.  Well my bill is now more like $15 more a month.  I called trying to get an explantation---all they tell me is they are sorry, and she must have misinformed me.  Retention center instead of finding a way to eat the $10 extra over my promised rate---pretty much in a matter of minutes seemed they could careless if I cancelled my whole package, which is what I said I was going to do.  I also have been a loyal customer, and they will not give me a special rate when I asked to get just internet---because I would be downgrading.  I explained I was only downgrading due to the fact they have misinformed me 2xs now and my bill keeps going up.  Loyalty and retention?  Non existent....I will make a trip into there building.

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 5

Only solution that I found so far is to just go to a Comcast center and return their stuff. What a shame. Seems even worse than just poor customer service. "The h.. with loyal paying customers" is what they are pretty much saying.

Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 5 of 5

Hello spamdestroyer,

I understand your frustration about not being able to get new customer pricing. Due to the fact that those deals are designed as introductory rates, most representatives that you would speak to would not have access to those deals. They would not be able to offer you a package that they do not have access to. I have reviewed your account for promotional offers available, and I do not have any promotions that are equal to or better than what our customer solutions department has offered to you for your current level of service. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon