Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Retention phone number?

New Poster

Retention phone number?

Is there a specific phone number for retention? I really don't want to have to wait all day just to be transferred and hung up on multiple times like I have been the past 5 or 6 times I've called.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Retention phone number?

Sorry, Comcast does not give out that number. You have to call 1-800-COMCAST and hope they will transfer you.

Official Employee

Hello callmespike121. We certainly value your business. Is there anything I can assist with, that perhaps you were looking for from the retention department? If so, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Hi,

I am new customer to Comcast (signed up on Jan. 31, 2018). I have the double play with TV and Internet for 99.95 a month (before box rental and other monthly fees). I was under the impression that given the high price for the service (and the Customer Service Rep we ordered through not mentioning it), HD channels would be included. Now, I am being asked to pay an additional $10/month for HD!. I called Comcast about this issue and they were not helpful. I then requested that my cable service be cancelled and keep only the internet. I was then told that I am considered an 'old customer' and no longer qualify for the lower priced internet only plans! My family, who live about 5 minutes away from me, have triple play with the same internet speed and X1 for $100/month! Every time I've called Comcast I constantly get transferred and no one is able to help with anything.

Any suggestions?

Official Employee

Hi AAnwar, the $10.00 HD tech fee is required for all customers who subscribed to or want HD services. If you'd like I can add the service to your account, or I can check and see if we have something comparable to what you're looking for. Please keep in mind when you have more services with us (triple play vs double play) you will be eligible for more discounts. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

CAncel I am experiencing the same treatment and i  have been with comcast for mann many years/ I guess my continued and loyal business means nothing to them 

Official Employee

Good evening, I understand your frustrations and I apologize for the experience. I would like to check and see if there are any offers for you. Would you like me to look at your account from here?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation