Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: Xfinity signature service tried to rip me off.

New Poster

We moved to a new address and the email part of our 'Triple Play' no longer recognizes the former user name and password.  After an hour on the phone with Comcast 'service' they said they transferred the account to our new address and that a new password would be issued in 24-48 hours (sounds like the same speed as Obamacare websites). 

Someone called and left a VM message with the new info.  The person spoke at a rapid rate and in a very soft voice.  They did not repeat the info or spell out the password.  The message was unintelligible.

Once again I called Comcast 'service' in the Phillipines and after two hours of 'chatting' was issued a new password which the Outlook account did not recognize.  The service tech had no idea what to do at what I think is their imposed two hour limit of 'help' and directed me to their pay service called Infinity Signature Support.

Why should I pay to fix a simple problem that was caused by their equipment and incompetent staff?

This monopoly should be broken and other underground providers allowed to come in to the same markets and cities and counties shouldn't just sit back and suck in franchise fees from these guys without setting up service parameters.

Cable Expert

You don't need to pay anyone to get this resolved. The outsourced "customer service" can tell customers some really crazy stuff....anyhow:

To get help, your best option is to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com). You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares), Facebook or the Comcast Direct Forum.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon