online now

discussions

Re: Where's the complaint department?

Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Due to negligent work by a Comcast technician, my second television burnt out.  This is because the technician did not investigate the cause for my first TV burn out.  A broken or cut ground wire.   It was only detected by another technician called out to fix the same box that kept losing its signal.  He discovered the cut ground wire and explained that would have caused both problems.

He fixed the ground wire and told me I should put a claim in with Comcast.  He even gave me his supervisor's name, ph # and email address.  I've now tried emailing and calling that supervisor, but has yet to respond to any message.

What or who should I contact now?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 3

FWIW - I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I have no idea why a technician would ever tell you anything like that. A broken or missing ground wire isn't going to cause that kind of damage unless there is some type of electrical malfunction. You'll have a pretty tough time proving Comcast had anything to do with your burned out TV's. You might want to consider a claim with your homeowners policy if it covers that sort of thing. With that said, Comcast is generally pretty good about damage claims, although they won't resolve the issue very quickly.

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 3

Telecommunications systems [800-40(b)], antennas and lead-in cables [810-21(f)], CATV [820-40(b)], and network-powered broadband communications systems [830-40(b)] must all be bonded to one of the following locations:
1. Building or structure grounding electrode system as described in Section 250-50.
2. Interior metal water pipe meeting the requirements of Section 250-104(a). The limitation of 5 feet in Section 250-50 does not apply.
3. Metal service raceway.
4. Service equipment enclosure.
5. Building or structure grounding electrode conductor.
6. Metal enclosure enclosing the building or structure grounding electrode conductor.
7. Accessible bonding means such as six inches of No. 6 copper conductor connected to the service equipment or raceway [250-92(b)].