Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Re: Unauthorized change by Comcast to my Internet plan--need Comcast employee help!

New Poster

Re: Unauthorized change by Comcast to my Internet plan--need Comcast employee help!

This happened to me as well.. I never asked for this service, nor has my plan increased at all. 

I just spoke with customer support and it appears whoever Comcast has making sales calls is using incredibly misleading tactics. I recieved a call saying they could keep my current internet speed and lower the price. Apparently what they failed to tell me is that they actually switched me to a cheaper service package, then added a "performance upgrade." Both of these were seperate charges, and when the yearly 'discount' went away, we recieved price increases on both our internet package and the "performance upgrade", resulting in a $15 additional charge.

Just another example of shady business practices. Comcast has a literal monopoly on broadband in my area and I have no other options for high speed internet. 

Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi r1ty. I can help review your service promotions and discounts, and ensure we are getting you the best offer available. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation