New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Re: RIP OFF

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 3

Well I pay for the top tier 200mbps and only get 7-8 .. not even 3% ... The modem they MAKE you rent is whack.  There is a part of the programming that needs disabled to clear up the slow speed.  BUT will they send me a different modem...NO .. I have to walk a half mile to the bus, get on 2 busses to get the light rail then another bus to get to their store in Roseville MN THEN wait an hour probably then do a trek the opposite way,  I would be out half a days work, 10 dollars in bus fares etc just to return it, oh and no promises I would get a different brand of Wifi Modem.

Yeah I send feedback to Tom whoisit, some exec who doesn't know what he is doing.  Someone in his office emailed me and said they understood my frustration .... YEAHHHHH right.

Someone would call me within 48 hours... That was a week ago.  I had TV, Security and Internet for the first 2 years I lived here and then cut the cables.  Thought maybe Comcast would have learned a few things in Valuing your customer base, Customer Service and appreciation.

Im calling as we speak and IM DISCONNECTING.

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 3

Valero962000 wrote:

Well I pay for the top tier 200mbps and only get 7-8 .. not even 3% ...

That's not normal. Start here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Basic-Internet-Connectivity-And/Connection-Troubleshooting-Tips/m-p/125...

Post details of your equipment and your power levels if you would like help. Are you testing speeds over a wirless connection?

The modem they MAKE you rent is whack.

You can buy your own, no one is required to rent.

BUT will they send me a different modem...

Yes, they will do that for you.

Im calling as we speak and IM DISCONNECTING.

• Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store

• Drop off your equipment at any Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store.

• After you return the equipment, it will be taken off of your account immediately, and your next bill will reflect the return (if applicable).
    • The UPS Store Locations

• Comcast has teamed up with The UPS Store locations across the country to accept Comcast equipment returns. Simply bring your equipment with you to any The UPS Store location, and an associate will pack and ship your equipment back to Comcast.

• The UPS store will give you a receipt with a tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return on UPS.com. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to be processed on your account. After this time period, your next bill will reflect the return (if applicable).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Valero962000, I've checked out your modem and your signals look good. Even at the node, there doesn't seem to be issue. I do see a few t3 timeouts so let's address that. When can I send a signal to your modem to reprovision services? 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon