Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Rant

ANSWERED
Silver Problem Solver

Rant

Bit of a rant I'm afraid. A relative of mine had a problem with TV and internet. I went over and discovered there was no signal at all showing on the modem, I thought it was a problem outside the home, but I couldn't be sure, so I advised her to get the service protection plan which can be cancelled 60 days after the last tech visit. (to avoid the $70ish charge)

She is on a fixed income, so cannot afford that. Anyway the tech knocked the door and said the problem lay outside across the road and would have to refer the problem to a line tech. Later in the day she saw a tech up a ladder across the road and her internet and tv returned.

She asked me if she could call in and cancel the protection plan and I said worth a try but they may try to get you to keep it 60 days or charge the full price. (fair enough)!

She called, got a guy who could hardly speak english, not only could he not cancel the protection plan, but told her bill would go up $10 a month until her present 3 year contract runs out in Nov. That has to be total garbage, now I feel responsible and have to go with her to the local office to sort it out.

The price of the service protection plan in this area is $5.99 and shoudn't be subject to any contract as far as I'm aware..!

Accepted Solution

Re: Rant

Guess I jumped the gun she called again and got the SPP cancelled with no charge and all is good, things happen, but would be better if Comcast got it right first time.... Smiley Happy

View answer in context
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Rant

Guess I jumped the gun she called again and got the SPP cancelled with no charge and all is good, things happen, but would be better if Comcast got it right first time.... Smiley Happy

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation