members

online now

discussions

Random internet service drops

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I am experiencing intermitant internet drops with my Comcast Internet Service.  This has been an ongoing problem and HAS NOT been resolved.  The problem is they same as it was when I started calling Comcast to complain.  One of the Technitions fold me I had a bad modem; so I picked up an xfinity modem.  The Xfinity modem did NOT solve the problem of internet drops.  We had service with Comcast for a year before these internet drops started; I was told by one Comcast employee that stated that the problems I am having with internet service is due to the fact that Comcast has NOT been keeping up with upgrades in their internet infrastructure.  

2 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Have you had a Comcast tech out to check on the problem?

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Connection Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please provide Information Requested for Connection-Related Posts.

If you are using Wifi it's best to switch to an Ethernet cable connection if possible while checking the reliability of your connection to Comcast.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast do the troubleshooting, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/service-protection-plan/, about $6/mo). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast modem, eMTA, gateway device, or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hi scuba_nut53, the information that (BruceW) shared can be very useful in resolving your connection issue. Please click on the link that applies to you, if you still need assistance with your internet connection please send me a private message with your street address, account number, and the MAC address from your modem by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir)

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon