Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Purchase PIN at Account Level

New Poster

Purchase PIN at Account Level

Can a purchase PIN be set at the account level to prevent unauthorized ppv and/or on-demand purchases? I rent out the home so I don't have access to the cable boxes to set up local passwords/PINs.

I have already tried calling multiple times and used the online chat, they tell me it's possible, but then the links they send do not provide instructions for what I'm requesting.

Admin1

Re: Purchase PIN at Account Level

Hi DeltaR1 -- You're asking if you can set a Purchase PIN online through My Account? 

New Poster

Yes, or through any method without having access to the cable boxes. I need to block anyone from being able to add services or channels to the account without a PIN or password.

Thank you for your help!

Admin1

DeltaR1 -- We do have a method for that if you have X1. That can be managed online by following the steps in this link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-manage-tv-settings-online.

This option isn't available on our Legacy platform though. PIN's have to be set manually on the box for Legacy. 

New Poster

Thank you so much for getting back to me. From what I can see, you can only reset the purchase pin there, it doesn’t allow me to add one or reset it if none has been added. Am I just missing where to add it? I’ve blocked all access to apps, but that doesn’t seem to be related to blocking purchases.
Admin1

DeltaR1 -- You're welcome. You would also be correct that this does not allow you to set a first time PIN online. It only allows you to manage it. The PIN does have to be set manually first before you can manage it online. 

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem. They inform me that I must be in front of the box with the remote. She said to have the people at the residence call and they will walk them through the process. Does that make sense? I'm so frustrated right now.