Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Property (sprinkler line)damaged by installers. 4 phone calls/no one will get this repaired.

ANSWERED
New Poster

Property (sprinkler line)damaged by installers. 4 phone calls/no one will get this repaired.

When the new cable line for service was installed the last week of January (sprinkler system is shut down from Nov-March), a line was damaged.  I had the system opened this week for the season, and the damage was discovered then.  Four conversations were had with tech representatives.  First person told me a supervisor will call me back (and this would be fixed).  No call.  Second contact person said to give it 24 hours to get a call back.  72 hours later, no call.  Third person talked to a supervisor and gave me a work order #, with a promise that the local crew would schedule with me 3/22/18.  No call.  Fourth person said he would email his supervisor and he would call me back regardless of what the higher employee said.  36 hours later, still no call back.  (I'll be happy to provide documentation with the names of people I spoke to, the dates and times).  Really?  Will no one take ownership of property damage?  Is comcast/xfinity going to treat a new customer this way?  I'm bound to a 2 year contract, but the company doesn't have to do anything in return? How does this fit into every person answering the phone telling me that "customer service is our main priority"?

Accepted Solution

Re: Property (sprinkler line)damaged by installers. 4 phone calls/no one will get this repaired.

How interesting that less than an hour after I posted this message, I get a call from a company that said they worked for Comcast, and wanted to schedule a time to repair this.  When I asked exactly when they received the order, "I just got it" was the reply.  This also tells me that no one actually listens to situations/requests for help made when asked to do a survey at the end of a phone call. So it took me one week, four calls, and finally something in writing to get this done????  Based upon my experience with previous "promises", I'll believe this repair will take place only when I see it done (and my sprinkler system is working properly).  It should not be this much work to do business with Comcast.  Needless to say, I could not recommend paying this company/2 years in a contract to anyone.  

View answer in context
Cable Expert

Re: Property (sprinkler line)damaged by installers. 4 phone calls/no one will get this repaired.

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Good evening, I can investigate this for you going forward. Would you like me to check your account from here?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

How interesting that less than an hour after I posted this message, I get a call from a company that said they worked for Comcast, and wanted to schedule a time to repair this.  When I asked exactly when they received the order, "I just got it" was the reply.  This also tells me that no one actually listens to situations/requests for help made when asked to do a survey at the end of a phone call. So it took me one week, four calls, and finally something in writing to get this done????  Based upon my experience with previous "promises", I'll believe this repair will take place only when I see it done (and my sprinkler system is working properly).  It should not be this much work to do business with Comcast.  Needless to say, I could not recommend paying this company/2 years in a contract to anyone.  

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation