Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Poor, inconsiderate service from my sales rep after the sale (joining Comcast xfinity).

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 11

March 2, 2017:  After my Xfinity service and Home Phone were installed the installation tech gave a brief description of how to use the remote, but not on the Home Phone service. I texted my sales rep and asked if he would return and explain/show me how to use the phone service. No reply! Two days later I texted him again, No reply. The next day I called him and he set an appointment for Tuesday March 14 at 2:00 PM. Fine.  I waited till 5:00 PM, NO SHOW, not even a courtesy call or text as to why. So I'm paying for a service that is still not active. I'm glad there is a 30 day trial period with Comcast Xfinity as I very well may terminate the service if this typical of there follow up customer service.

Question: Is there a downloadable  "HOW TO USE THE REMOTE" Users Manual on the internet? 

10 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 11
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 3 of 11

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply soon.

Remote controls: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinityremotecontrols/

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 11

Hi Dustydog4 -- I can help answer any questions you have about your phone service or phone features. What information would you like to know? nerdburg was kind enough to provide a link for remote pairing. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 11

I have no idea what you're referring to, or about, when referring to nerdburg.??.

I'm not going to pursue this Comcast Home Phone setup issue today, Sunday.  But tomorrow morning I'll be calling Comcast/xfinity. Since March 2, I've essentially been paying for a service I'm not receiving and over the past week plus, I've spoken/chatted on line to so many Comcast employees and gotten varied suggestions and opinions that I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 11

Dustydog4 wrote:

I have no idea what you're referring to, or about, when referring to nerdburg.??.

nerdburg is the forum Expert that escalated your concern to a Comcast Official Employee available to the forum, and gave you a link for help with your remote.

I'm not going to pursue this Comcast Home Phone setup issue today, Sunday.  But tomorrow morning I'll be calling Comcast/xfinity. Since March 2, I've essentially been paying for a service I'm not receiving

You are probably receiving the service, but are unclear how to use it.  You should have been shown how to use all parts of your new services.

and over the past week plus, I've spoken/chatted on line to so many Comcast employees and gotten varied suggestions and opinions that I don't think the left hand knows what the right hand is doing.

You're free to call Customer Service, but you will probably be frustrated even more.  Your best bet is to allow ComcastZach an opportunity to help you solve your problems and learn about your services.  That's what he's here for.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 7 of 11

Dustydog4 -- You had mentioned that you weren't shown how to use your Home Phone service. I can answer any questions you have about how to use it. You had also asked about an online user manual for your remote. nerdburg provided a link where you can find that information. What questions did you have about your Home Phone service?

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 8 of 11
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 9 of 11
Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 11

Hello CCZach,

I did get my problem resolved, but not with assistance from MY Comcast rep. As planned, my companion and I signed up with Comcast the same day, though she lives in a different  area than I, so she had a different rep than me. So I joined her, at her home, when Gemayel (her rep) was instructing her on how to use the Comcast Xfinity service including the Home Phone. He was outstanding, patient, and very knowledgeable in explaining every detail. As a matter of fact 

- a week later - we had him make a return visit to her home, as she and I had a few remaining questions. Geymayel returned and again resolved our remaining questions. He is a dedicatd and conscientious Comcast employee. Kudos to Geymayel.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 11 of 11

Wonderful. Glad to hear Geymayel was able to assist in such an outstanding manner. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.