Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Please help! 3 weeks no service

New Poster

Please help! 3 weeks no service

I moved to a new address and have been without service since May 14. I am desperate to get internet and nobody is able to help me. Here is the timeline of events for your record:

May 8: Scheduled a move/transfer service using Xfinity App for morning of May 13.

May 10: Get a call from 1-877-338-7017 telling me I must call to confirm my appointment. I call to confirm, they state the next available appointment isn't until the 19th of May. This was super frustrating (what's the point of using the app to schedule a time?), but I patiently waited for May 19.

May 19: A technician visited my house and said it wasn't wired for Comcast. He stated the box was across the street and that he would schedule a contractor to come out and wire my home underground. He said it would take 3-5 days.

May 19: I called customer service and asked if I could get the wiring done any sooner. I don't have long to wait, I work from home and rely on internet. Customer Service technician tells me the technician should have scheduled the appointment for the next day. She schedules an appointment to wire the house on May 22, and then schedules a technician to hook up my internet on May 24.

May 21: I use Xfinity app to chat with a representative to ensure the wiring appointment was still taking place on May 22. The representative confirmed everything was good to go.

May 22: Nobody showed up.

May 23: I called customer service to explain nobody showed up. She assured me that everything was set up and ready to go for the technician tomorrow.

May 24: Technician shows up, his name is Jose. Tells me the same thing as the previous technician - my house isn't wired for Comcast and that the box is across the street. He tells me he will schedule a contractor to come out and do the work. He can get them there the next day.

May 25: I text Jose to ask if he was able to get a contractor out to my house. He explains his request was denied because they already have a service order for my address.

May 25: I call customer service and explain the situation. Lypatra from Houston, Texas apologized for the terrible customer service I have experienced and promised to rectify the situation. She schedules a technician to come out at that next day to wire my house on May 26. She said they should call me around 7:30 am to let me know they are on the way and that they should be at my house around 8 am. She states she will send an installation technician from 10 am - noon to make sure my internet works properly. She ensures me that she will be watching the account on May 26 herself, will personally call the technicians to make sure they show up, and will also call me to make sure the work is done to my satisfaction.

May 26: Nobody shows up to my house. I call Lypatra and she doesn't answer the phone. I leave a voicemail. She doesn't return my call. I call the main customer service line. They tell me the appointment was set up as an all day appointment, and that the technician can show up anytime during the day until 8pm, and to keep waiting. I spend my entire day at home on Saturday waiting - nobody showed up.

May 29: I called customer service, and explain the situation. They tell me they will schedule the underground wiring, but the soonest appointment they can get me is July 28. I ask to speak to the supervisor. He is in a meeting. They schedule an install for June 5, because they think they might be able to schedule it sooner but they aren't sure yet and will get back to me. At this point, I don't believe that anyone is actually going to come and wire my house underground. I don't want another technician coming to my house just to tell me the exact same thing the other two said.

In short, there is a box across the street, and a line needs to be brought over to my home. Both technicians that visited said they would schedule a contractor to come out and do the work underground with the line, and that it would take 3-5 days. Nobody has come yet.

I need the work scheduled immediately and nobody seems to be able to help me. I keep being fed false promises.

Can someone please help me get internet at my home?

Thanks.
New Poster

Re: Please help! 3 weeks no service

Your story sounds just like my experience. I've had 3 appointments with 3 different techs coming out within 3 weeks, and I still done have internet service. I don't know how this company stays in business.