Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Plan switched after signing new agreement

New Poster

Plan switched after signing new agreement

First started with getting billed for modem and DVR box mailed to me 4 years ago. Tried calling to figure out why to no avail and three in closet. After 4 years, I get bill for $33 for fees for those boxes and returned them in person. Called to get credit but told I had to get from store but they said I had to call. Checked AT&T and found prices about half what I’m paying and planned on cancelling. Called and after 35 minutes on hold, hung up. Called back and auto response said they would call me back in about 35-40 minutes so I didn’t have to sit on hold. Two hours later I get the call and placed on hold. 35 minutes later I finally hung up and called back. Said I wanted to cancel service and got Retention Dept. Spoke to Whitney who was all apologetic and said if I stayed with Comcast, she would give me same plan I had been on for $217.85. Theee times I asked if same plan and assured it was and texted agreement that showed same plan. Later that night, turn on TV and most pay channels like HBO and Cinemax are all gone. I call back and first am with outsourced operator in another country who know absolutely nothing. Ask for Retnetion Dept and he says no. Ask for supervisor and told they are not available. I said I would call back and hung up. This moron calls me back and is very rude and questioning why I hung up on him. So I said not to call me back and hung up. Finally got American operator who told me my plan was changed even though I was suited it was the same. She changed back and now bill is $228. That was original raised price I received so I wasted all that time for nothing except they got me to sign two year agreement when I wanted to cancel. There is so much nonsense and lies and legal thievery going on. How can a multi-billion dollar company do this and treat and cheat customers this way. I am now working on the cancellation process again. Also, there is no more leaving these comments and getting help from Comcast like in the past. Bills go up yet service gets worse. Always has been a hassle. In addition, I had to pay the $33 for the equipment they sent me and never used 4 years after receiving and which is redundant as they no longer use that type of DVR box and modem. 21st Century and huge company that doesn’t care they are losing customers every day. Thanks Comcast.
Admin1

Re: Plan switched after signing new agreement

Hi pscholtes -- Sorry to hear about the issues you've gone through with your account. I can help with your rates. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I will check to see if we can get you a better rate along with your premium channels.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation