members

online now

discussions

Picture distortion and scrambled

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3
Probably since adding new Comcast equipment my pictures on all three tvs gets scrambled and distorted, if this is due to poor or low signal, who is responsible for increasing signal strength? If it is Comcast Xfinity responsibility, will they help with the marital divorce if problems don't get resolved? Can solution be corrected by adding equipment inside house or can it fixed out on the pole? Please HELP!!!!
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or chat with them using one of the "Trouble" options at https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit unless you have or sign up for their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/account/service-protection-plan/, about $6/mo) and keep it for at least 60 days. If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hello Mlmpwalsh, what you have explained sounds like a signal issue. This could be due to the signal being weak or your cables may not be fastened firmly in the back of your cable box, please check the back of your equipment to make sure everything is fastened correctly. I show that you have more than one cable box on the account, do you have same scrambled picture on all of them? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon