Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Outside wiring, does this look right?

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Outside wiring, does this look right?

So I had my line buried today, everyone has been incredibly helpful and the process was smooth.

However, see the photos of how they left my wires. A giant spool at the pole and exposed on the side of my house, in an area that gets wet from rain.

Does this seem right? Everything works but the giant spool is ugly and the exposed wires just doesn't seem right.

When someone comes out to fix it I would also love for them to pull down the old aerial drop on the other side of the house. Do I need a special tech to do that?

Thank you.
Accepted Solution

Re: Outside wiring, does this look right?

Lake122, let's get a tech out there to take a look at that aerial wiring. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number (or phone number) and address for help.

View answer in context
IMAG2567.jpg
IMAG2568.jpg
Cable Expert

The exposed connections on the outside of your house are fine, they are designed to be exposed to the elements. The coil of wire is left that way for a tech to attach up on the pole. When the tech attaches the new line, he/she should remove the old aerial line. I'll ask an employee to make sure a tech is scheduled to complete the installation. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

ok, thanks nerdburg.

I would prefer a box to cover it, if that’s possible. I think it would just look cleaner. 

Maybe when an employee checks in they can add notes to the order to remove the aerial line. It’s on the opposite side of the house (street side, just down from the coil in the picture) but it could easily be overlooked because it is not on the pole in the picture, just branches off a random part of the main line running to the next house, 

thanks! 

Official Employee

Lake122, let's get a tech out there to take a look at that aerial wiring. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number (or phone number) and address for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Just an update to close out this thread.

Ken was great, one day later a tech was at my door bright and early. He fixed the spool so it did not look so ridiculous, he confirmed that no one would have come unless I called, and it should not have been left like that. He also moved the exposed connectors into a nearby old cable box that was about three feet away, the underground crew was too lazy to make that effort. He apologized for their laziness several times.

He then walked to the other side of my house, climbed his ladder, and took down the old aerial drop. He again apologized that this was not taken down years ago when they originally buried the line. He also cut down the line going from the middle of the run to the pole, one less wire to fall down one day. 

Overall fantastic Comcast service. They get a lot of heat, often rightfully so, but in this case the tech was awesome. 

Official Employee

Lake122, glad we were able to take care of the wiring and got you a cool new rate. Let me know if you need anything else. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation