Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Outage and bad cs.

New Poster

Outage and bad cs.

So my services for both TV and Internet went down about an hour and a half ago. I have both called in and chatted in, which I was told there was no outages. Now the lady on the phone told me that it it was an issue with my wiring and they need to send a tech out. I find that rather odd, as everything was working fine for years and suddenly both went down and now it's an issue with my install.

So I chatted in, which they told me that my devices were not registered and I should go and reactivate them. I played along, but lo and behold I couldn't activate because I have no Internet connection. So they had me power cycle the router yet again.

This is the part that you'll love.

While doing a power cycle, I decided I might as well take a splitter off to ensure it wasn't the problem, so while everything was still unplugged I got a message back from the chat guy telling me and I quote, "Please check now, from my side your modem is working fine and cable also".

So as you can imagine I was confused. Are my devices so high tech that not even lack of power can stop them from connecting? (No, the answer is not being connected to power will definitely result in no service). So how could he be seeing everything is working fine?

I responded to him, "that's odd how could they be showing as fine? I completely unplugged everything to remove the splitter from the mix and haven't even had a chance to power anything back on yet".

It was about this point, as you can probably guess, that the chat disconnected.

Still no services and very unhappy.

The point of all this though is to ask if anyone else in the West Jordan / Kearns area are also currently down.
Tags (2)
Connection Expert

Re: Outage and bad cs.

Concern moved here from home networking for greater exposure / escalation to actual Comcast employees.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

If you are in or near Cumming GA, Comcast internet has been going offline momentarily (up to 20 minutes) for the last several (>3) weeks at between 1800 GMT - 2100 GMT. Technition visited and told me that the problem was with the power company.

In the 1960s I worked at a SpaceTrac facility that had something called a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Source) that powered the computers when the external power source went down. In fact I have one on my desk right now. Don't understand why Comcast can't put one in the affected area.

Here is the log so far today.

Not connected 2017-04-20 18:08:50
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:09:40
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:10:30
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:11:20
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:12:10
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:13:00
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:13:50
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:14:40
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:15:30
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:16:20
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:17:10
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:18:00
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:18:50
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:19:41
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:20:31
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:21:21
!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:22:11
......!
Not connected 2017-04-20 18:26:06

Admin1

Hi SLCNinja -- I can help with your service issues. I reviewed your account and did see anything out of the ordinary so I did want to check up with you to see if you are still experiencing any service issues.  

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation