members

online now

discussions

Our commitment to a better customer experience

Posted by
Administrator

Message 19 of 27

Our commitment to you:

We’ve reinvented the entertainment you love, and we’re committed to doing the same for your entire experience.

Our commitment to every customer:

We take pride in our products, which is why we offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.

And, we deliver on your terms, including 24/7 support and 2-hr appointment windows with a guaranteed, automatic $20 credit if we’re late.

From our products to our people, we're committed to delivering the best experience possible so you can do more and enjoy more of what you love.

How we are working to better serve our customers:

CC1.PNGcc2.PNG

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
26 REPLIES
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 27

How does one use the Comcast Customer Care Guarantee?  I cannot find the link to report two Tech no shows.  I've spoken with 14 Comcast customer service representatives and the promises unfulfilled are astounding!

They make every other link available to upgrade service but impossible to report dereliction of their touted Comcast Customer Guarantee.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 27

ho do i request $20. off bill for late arrival of service tech?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 3 of 27

Supposedly the credit is now given automatically. 

Call Comcast billing and demand the credit if they tell you it has not been issued. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Valued Contributor

Message 4 of 27

carol94563,

I see that you have already contacted another agent and had the credit issued to your account. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we will be happy to assist.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 27

Apparently the published Comcast  "Customer Guarantee" is discontinued ?

* the new super efficient page -
http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html

- edit:  (and following page is orphaned, with no links or info anywhere on Comcast web site to inform customers that the following page and it's additional information even exists)

* what used to be included under a published Guarantee -
http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/comcast-customer-guarantee/

it appears as if Comcast has seen fit to remove and discontinue it's published "Customer Guarantee", and is now limiting it's exposure to failures by instead publishing an "XFINITY Customer Commitment",  (obviously not the same as a guarantee).

there is legal obligation to perform with a published guarantee, there is no legal obligation with a statement of commitment.   

- customer perception -  " we're committed to carrying out the following practices, but we can't Guarantee it anymore ".

►  it's great that many within Comcast are now committed to a commitment;   now make the changes necessary to resolve the underlying factors within Comcast that cause ongoing repetitive issues for customers. (changes including oversight, accountability, enforcement, at management and employee levels)

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 27

Hello dj280,

it's our promise to you that we stand behind our products and services and will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer your questions. Just call us at 1-800-XFINITY or go online to chat with one of our live agents. Listed below is a list of qualification under the Xfinity Customer Commitment:

• We will give you a 30-day, money-back guarantee on our XFINITY TV, XFINITY Voice, XFINITY Internet or XFINITY Home - Secure and XFINITY Home - Control services.
  • We will always be on time within your two-hour appointment window or we'll credit you $20*.
  • We will treat you and your home with courtesy and respect.
  • We're here for you, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to answer questions at your convenience.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 27

Thanks for replying.

I think all of us commend the efforts of all the Comcast People here on the Forums helping customers , and some of the Comcast People in phone customer service that help customers.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 27

Hello dj280,

I am happy ComcastAshley was able to provide clarification on the Xfinity Customer Commitment. Please do not hesitate to reach back out us, if you have any future questions or concerns.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 9 of 27

ComcastAshley wrote: ... Listed below is a list of qualification under the Xfinity Customer Commitment ...

WHY DOESN'T http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html LIST THOSE "QUALIFICATIONS"?!?!?!????

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 10 of 27

Hit the arrows and you will see the just of what she said. 

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 11 of 27

fpirelli wrote: Hit the arrows and you will see the just of what she said. 

Relying on the gist of what Comcast says is hazardous to your financial health.

In its entirety, http://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html offers 2 hour appointment windows, self-service tools, and a credit if they are late for an appointment.

Where's the 30-day services guarantee? Where's the "resolve routine issues in one visit" guarantee? Where's "we'll treat you and your home with courtesy and respect"???

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 12 of 27

* generally speaking, not directed at any individual reply.

(forum req's clicking someone's reply button)

Lets keep in mind;   it's upper corporate executive management people that are responsible for any published changes, and concerns are best directed toward those executives.

The Comcast Reps that help all of us here on the forums are affected by and have to deal with any concerns (and maybe effects) of such changes as do customers.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 27

Try here:

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/comcast-customer-guarantee/

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 14 of 27

Again wrote:

Try here:

yup, i included a link to that page in the orig post.

However now (in the last day or two) the language used at that page is changed (reverted) to once again specify and describe items as being included as a published Customer Guarantee.

edit 13apr2016 6:30pm:  

update,  . . .

the  http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/comcast-customer-guarantee/   page is

now changed a 3rd time;   yesterday stating it's a customer guarantee,   and now back to removing reference to being a customer guarantee & stating comitment.   (does this change depending on time of day?)

Thank you Comcast !! , (to those involved in the background), for listening and making a good judgement call here. 

* fwiw: it might also help customers if the "www .xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html"  page, included a small link to  "customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/account/comcast-customer-guarantee/"

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 15 of 27

I should have used a qute with my post; it was meant to direct Bruce to it.  There are a lot of changes happening around the Comcast/Xfinity site right now, so the "corporate" site doesn't [apparently] hve the complete picture.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 16 of 27

- - edited previous reply - -

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 17 of 27

sooooo,  apparently the Comcast Reps here on the forum are the only ones within Comcast  committed to informing customers of the provisions included in "The Comcast Commitment", (what used to be the called Customer Guarantee)

Comcast management must not share their commitment, as the web page linked to when customers click on a Customer Guarantee link, contains only mention of 2hour appointment windows & $20 credit if appointment tech is late.   (as BruceW pointed out)

The web page that Does contain and list all of the provisions of the now "Comcast Commitment to Customers" 

is orphaned, with no links or information anywhere on Comcast web site to inform customers that the web page and it's additional Commitment provisions and information even exists.

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 18 of 27

dj280 wrote: ... apparently the Comcast Reps here on the forum are the only ones within Comcast  committed to informing customers of the provisions included in "The Comcast Commitment" ...

A "Hurry! Watchathon Week ends Sunday" email from them that arrived last evening contains a link to http://secure.xfinity.com/customerexperience/our-commitment-to-you/, also the new version of the "Commitment":

Our commitment to every customer:

* Respect your time

* Simplify your experience

* Make things right if we fall short

It sure looks like Comcast's policy makers have decided to gut the "Guarantee", and didn't even tell their own reps about it. Almost as if they decided "If we keep it quiet, maybe no one will notice . . .".

Posted by
Administrator

Message 20 of 27

@dj280,

Sorry for the confusion. Our commitment to our customers has not gone away, it has just been modified to ensure that we are providing the best experience for our customers. You will notice that the main post on this thread will give you the most up to date informaiton. If you have any further questions/concerns please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 21 of 27

I just started reading this thread, looked like an interesting subject.  Until I got to post # 4, and I did a double take,  QueenEvie has been absent, and sorely missed, if I do say, for over a year now!!  

That brought to my attention that the DATES of the above postings started 9/9/2013  , went to 1/15/2016  , various dates in 4/2016  .

The first and last posts of this thread are DATED today 9/13/2017, within less than 30 min period.

No where does there appear to be an explanation of the time travels of the posts and what the purpose and nature of this thread is attempting to accomplish..   

Did I miss something?  

ciao, bj

Posted by
Administrator

Message 22 of 27

@BlueJay,

We apologize for the confusion. The concern you mention and what took place on this thread is called content management. When we see issues trending or a number of related posts we will make a informational post and merge any posts that are getting a lot of views recently under that main informational thread. This actually already happens in our forum on occasion and is a way for us to ensure our users are getting the most up-to-date/relevant information. 

This is something that we will be doing more of in the coming year. This will ensure that the only content on our forum is relevant and helpful to the people who view and participate in the forum. We want to eliminate the outdated and irrelevant content and focus interactions to be able to better serve our customers.

I hope this answers your questions. If you need anything else please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 23 of 27

@ComcastJessie

never mind...        content management and ensuring that the only content on "OUR" = "YOUR" forum to be visible would be what you perceive to be relevant, and all other eliminated.  

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 24 of 27
Referring to the Internet/Cable outage in minimally the greater Atlanta area, which began on September 10th / 11th (ticket # S1022837046), some proactive PR to assuage some of your customers' concerns could go a long way. You know, as in showing commitment to a better customer experience.
Posted by
Administrator

Message 25 of 27

@Ajhubbs,

Just so you know we did do some proactive messaging about Hurricane Irma and its potential impact to the southern area of the United States, specifically Georgia, here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Hurricane-Irma-XFINITY-WiFi-Hotspots-Georgia/td-p/295...

However, it can be difficult for us to understand the entire impact of a natural disaster until after the event happens. This means we are limited as to what we can proactively message about it. 

As for outage SI022837046, that outage is due to a larger power outage. Without power to our headends/nodes we are not able to provide service to our customers. We were actually at the mercy of the local power company to restore power to the area before we could work on restoring services to our customers. 

I hope that addresses your concern. If you have any additional comments or questions about our customer commitment please don't hesitate to let us know here.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 26 of 27
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 27 of 27