members

online now

discussions

Ordering Gigabit Pro

Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 109

Hi Comcast Team -

I am unable to get this question answered on the phone, and most phone reps, even though it is all over the media, have no idea what Gigabit Pro is!

I am in the Atlanta area and interested in getting on the list to order the service as soon as it is available.  How can I do this? Who can I talk to?  What do I need to do?

Thank you!

108 REPLIES
Posted by
Admin1

Message 2 of 109

Hello Hillcows,

The Gigabit Pro service will be available in your area come early May. No official launch date has been announced yet. Once this is decided, more information about getting this service will be available and we can help get things set up for you

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 109

Any update on this?  I am in the West Palm Beach, FL market which was also announced to be availabile in May.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 109

Looking to try to launch this on 5/28

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 109

- Do we have any details on the cost, installation timing, contract term or anything yet?  Can someone contact me to discuss this as soon as it is available?  My experiance with new products is that it will take some time to get out across the call center, and calling in may not be the best option.

Thanks

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 6 of 109

Did the launch happen? I'm still not finding any details on comcast.com.

Posted by
Admin1

Message 7 of 109

[EDIT]

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 8 of 109

The launch of this has been temporarily delayed. No tentative date has been announced yet  

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 109

I'm in Atlanta and have called several times during May (supposedly the launch month).  The customer service reps invariably seem surprised by questions about Gigabit Pro and have to look it up.  The latest (May 29) told me it would now be sometime in June before it is available.  They have no pricing information.  My guess is Comcast is in a quandary about how to price it, since Google Fiber charges only $70 a month for gigabit Internet and is coming to Atlanta in early 2016 and AT&T is charging $120 a month for gigabit service and appears to be available now in some parts of Atlanta (not my house, however).  Reports on the Internet showed Comcast was going to price Gigabit Pro at $299 a month, but removed that info the same day it was spotted.  I don't think they will get many residential customers at $299 a month.  If they'll do it for $150 a month with no data cap and no installation charge, I'd sign up for a year.  Once Google Fiber is here, though, I don't think I'd pay more than Google charges.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 109

Where can we be notified when the Gigabit Pro service will be available in Atlanta?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 11 of 109

Hello David_Hill,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Starting in June 2015, select markets of the Central Division will begin offering Gigabit Pro Internet service. The Gigabit Pro is coming soon just keep checking the website for additional information in the upcoming coming weeks.

Thank You!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 109

- "Keep checking back" is clearly a horrible response....  If you look at my original post (from the end of April) I was told that about the month of May....  May has come and gone, and I could have "Checked Back" every single day and what would that have got me except a lot of wasted time.

Sadly, Google and AT&T have both announced buildouts here.  Google will talk longer, but BOTH of them have option (that I have done infact) on thier websites for a waiting list to be notified as soon as it is available.

If Comcast is truly interested beyond the PR of saying they are doing Gigabit service, then you need to step up your game, and show customers you are interested in what they are looking for. 

I quote from your own Press Release:

... new, multi-year plan to reinvent the customer experience and to create a culture focused on exceeding customers’ expectations, at all levels of the company. The plan centers on looking at every decision through a customer lens and making measureable changes and improvements across the company.

Where is the customer lens here?
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 109

Comcast delays Gigabit Pro rollout

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 14 of 109

Could you at least post to this thread that the service is available, since this forum thread was linked to by Ars Technica and I believe there are probably several people subscribed for updates.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 15 of 109

Does the Central Division include Atlanta?  Do they have a target date in June?  What Website should we check?  How about a specific link?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 109

Just called Comcast sales.  The representative knew absolutely nothing about Gigabit Pro and couldn't find any information when she searched for it.  It's as though they announced it to the world and purposely hid it from their employees.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 17 of 109

Good Morning All,

The Atlanta area is part of our central division. There is no official launch date for the month of June. Once this is decided, more information about getting this service will be available and we can help get things set up for you.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 18 of 109

Any update for california residence?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 19 of 109

Just saw an AT&T crew running fiber optic cable and went out to talk to them.  They said AT&T's Gigapower service will be available here very soon.  I hope Comcast prices Gigabit Pro competitively. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 20 of 109

Hello Planetcoop,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Starting in June 2015, Gigabit Pro Internet service will be available in the California region. Please continue to check the website for additional information and future updates in the upcoming coming weeks.

Thank You!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 21 of 109

Any update fo New Hampshire

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 22 of 109

Hello Fpirelli,

We are evaluating additional cities and will announce additional Gigabit Pro offerings in the near future.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 23 of 109

where on the website will the gigabit pro information be available?  I'm in CA as well.  we are almost middle of June.  Do we have a firm date when the available cities will be posted?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 24 of 109

daveinoakley-

At this time, we do not have an exact date when this service will become available to any regions.  As far as the California Region, I have provided a list of areas that the Gigabit Pro Internet service will be available to:

• Chico
  • Fresno
  • Marysville/Yuba City
  • Merced
  • Modesto
  • Monterey
  • Sacramento
  • Salinas
  • San Francisco Bay Area
  • Santa Barbara County
  • Stockton
  • Visalia metro areas

At this time, the Gigabit Pro Internet service will NOT be available to the following areas:

• Arbuckle
  • Coalinga
  • Cool
  • Gustine
  • Huron
  • Isleton
  • Le Grand
  • Lodi
  • Maxwell
  • Planada
  • Rio Vista
  • Santa Cruz
  • Santa Nella
  • Scotts Valley
  • Williams

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 25 of 109

The May introduction of Gigabit Pro to Atlanta didn't happen.  June is now half gone with no date or pricing announced.  Are the Comcast executives still unable to decide what to charge for it when they already know how much AT&T and Google charge for gigabit service?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 26 of 109

Hello Wcjulyan,

I apologize for the inconvenience. The launch of this has been temporarily delayed. No tentative date has been announced as of yet. Please continue to check the website for additional information and future updates regarding the launch of the Gigabit Pro internet service in the upcoming coming weeks.

Thank You!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 27 of 109

So according to Comcast's official 04/02/2015 post on their corporate website, http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/imagine-where-2-gigabit-speeds-will-take-you, they were going to rollout the 2GB Gigabit Pro service to the Atlanta area in May 2015.  I live in the Atlanta area and it's now 06/16/2015, but I've not heard nor seen anything on this mythical service since the original post other than the extra blurb they added on May 26, 2015 about additional 2GB announcements.

My main problem here isn't necessarily that the service isn't here yet (although it's definitely a problem), rather, my main problem is that Comcast hasn't communicated anything to its Atlanta customers about any of this.  I even went through all my Xfinity emails before posting this just to give them the benefit of the doubt that I may have missed an email or two, but nothing.  I have all kinds of emails about promotions, newsletters, etc. but none mention this rollout in the least.  Maybe there's been a hiccup and the date had to be pushed back, maybe plans to rollout this service have changed, or maybe they needed some possible information from customers...the point is I, an Atlanta area customer, don't know because Comcast hasn't said anything.

The thing is, all the above possibilities would be perfectly fine for a reason as to why this service isn't here yet, but with Comcast not saying anything, posting anything, emailing anything, or even calling about this rollout, I simply don't know what's going on.  If Comcast is serious about turning over a new leaf in the PR department, this ISN'T the way to do it.  Promise an awesome service, don't deliver on time, nor tell target customers directly about any of this....if we had true competition in this field, this kind of last luster effort simply wouldn't be tolerated and we'd move on to another ISP, but....

This is how things should have gone....Comcast posts the announcement about the rollout (preferably with price, details, etc.), then email the targeted customers in an email blast, provide updates as the launch got closer, notify those same customers if there were any problems, and finally a full announce when everything was live.  Instead, we got crickets.  It shouldn't be this hard to find out information on a new service from a company you're a customer of and who is promising to be a better company.

Now before you ask, "Why not call Comcast directly to find out?"  I have two things to say about that, 1) We know Comcast and we know how their phone customer service is, so come on....2) Should I have to call for information on a major post like this?  Comcast should be in a heavy PR push to tell me why I need to signup for this service and how great it will be, but all I continue to see on my account for their top tier speed is 105 MB/s for $399 a month....seriously?!  Come on Comcast, throw your customers a bone.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 28 of 109
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Ordering-Gigabit-Pro/td-p/2514967

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 29 of 109

When should we expect an update?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 30 of 109

Hello Medikit,

I'm sorry for your troubles. No official launch date has been announced yet. Please continue to check the website for additional information and future updates in the upcoming coming weeks.

Thank You!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 31 of 109

How do  I get information (cost, availability, sign-up) for gigabit pro?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 32 of 109

Comcastcares wrote:

Hello Medikit,

I'm sorry for your troubles. No official launch date has been announced yet. Please continue to check the website for additional information and future updates in the upcoming coming weeks.

Thank You!

Some additional markets have recently been announced: 

http://www.multichannel.com/news/technology/comcast-tags-more-gigabit-pro-markets/391496

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 33 of 109

Is there any information about the Fredom (philadelphia metro) area in general and North Widwood/Wildwood specificaly? 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 34 of 109

Another promised date has come, and I still see no product offering or further news.  Where does this stand?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 35 of 109

Hello All,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience; we are evaluating additional cities and will announce additional Gigabit Pro offerings in the near future.

Thank You!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster
Message 36 of 109

Any word on where or when I can sign up for the Atlanta Area? I keep checking this thread every couple of weeks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 37 of 109

Its July, no one at comcast has any idea on how to check for availability in sacramento (a published supported region) for either extreme 250, or Gigabit Pro, which comcast decievingly advertised as 2gbps when in fact it is just 1gbps bi-directional (up/down).

I'm extremely dissapointed in the lack of knowledge that Comcast employees have about this, and the lack of process to be notified when its available.

I was able to place an order to upgrade to 250mbps Extreme (from Extreme 105 which was upgraded to 150, and mind you people paying for blast now have 150...) but was told by comcast after the fact its not available in my area, even though it should be.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 38 of 109

c0rbis1 wrote:

Its July, no one at comcast has any idea on how to check for availability in sacramento (a published supported region) for either extreme 250, or Gigabit Pro, which comcast decievingly advertised as 2gbps when in fact it is just 1gbps bi-directional (up/down).

I'm extremely dissapointed in the lack of knowledge that Comcast employees have about this, and the lack of process to be notified when its available.

I was able to place an order to upgrade to 250mbps Extreme (from Extreme 105 which was upgraded to 150, and mind you people paying for blast now have 150...) but was told by comcast after the fact its not available in my area, even though it should be.

Additional information for all at the link below, additional details are expected to be added to that site on July 13: 

http://www.xfinity.com/multi-gig

XFINITY Gigabit Pro is being rolled out to select markets of our Central and West Divisions. Announced in April 2015, Gigabit Pro is a fiber-to-the-home XFINITY Internet service that will deliver download and upload speeds of up to 2 Gbps to customer homes.

I can have someone contact you directly to go over the details. Thanks for your patience. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 39 of 109

Its being called 2gbps, but its 1gbps up/down... why are you marketing it this way?  It's dishonest 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 40 of 109

revbob wrote:

Any word on where or when I can sign up for the Atlanta Area? I keep checking this thread every couple of weeks.

Additional information for all at the link below, additional details are expected to be added to that site on July 13:

XFINITY Gigabit Pro is being rolled out to select markets of our Central and West Divisions.

Announced in April 2015, Gigabit Pro is a fiber-to-the-home XFINITY Internet service that will deliver download and upload speeds of up to 2 Gbps to customer homes.

I can have someone contact you directly to go over the details. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 41 of 109

Everyone has seen that link already, and it doesnt really offer much...   A map of areas that can get the service, or a searchable database by address would sure be helpful.... these have existed for DSL and basic cable for many many years. 

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 42 of 109

c0rbis1 wrote:

Everyone has seen that link already, and it doesnt really offer much...   A map of areas that can get the service, or a searchable database by address would sure be helpful.... these have existed for DSL and basic cable for many many years. 

I will have someone contact you directly to go over the details. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 43 of 109

karthwyne wrote:

Another promised date has come, and I still see no product offering or further news.  Where does this stand?

There is some additional information for all at the link below. Additional details are expected to be added to that site on July 13:

XFINITY Gigabit Pro is being rolled out to select markets of our Central and West Divisions.

Announced in April 2015, Gigabit Pro is a fiber-to-the-home XFINITY Internet service that will deliver download and upload speeds of up to 2 Gbps to customer homes.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 44 of 109

dofreem wrote:

How do  I get information (cost, availability, sign-up) for gigabit pro?

There is some additional information for all at the link below. Additional details are expected to be added to that site on July 13:

I will have someone contact you directly to go over the details. Thanks for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 45 of 109

Hillcows wrote:

Hi Comcast Team -

I am unable to get this question answered on the phone, and most phone reps, even though it is all over the media, have no idea what Gigabit Pro is!

I am in the Atlanta area and interested in getting on the list to order the service as soon as it is available.  How can I do this? Who can I talk to?  What do I need to do?

Thank you!

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 46 of 109

spfirman wrote:

Any update on this?  I am in the West Palm Beach, FL market which was also announced to be availabile in May.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 47 of 109

wcjulyan wrote:

I'm in Atlanta and have called several times during May (supposedly the launch month).  The customer service reps invariably seem surprised by questions about Gigabit Pro and have to look it up.  The latest (May 29) told me it would now be sometime in June before it is available.  They have no pricing information.  My guess is Comcast is in a quandary about how to price it, since Google Fiber charges only $70 a month for gigabit Internet and is coming to Atlanta in early 2016 and AT&T is charging $120 a month for gigabit service and appears to be available now in some parts of Atlanta (not my house, however).  Reports on the Internet showed Comcast was going to price Gigabit Pro at $299 a month, but removed that info the same day it was spotted.  I don't think they will get many residential customers at $299 a month.  If they'll do it for $150 a month with no data cap and no installation charge, I'd sign up for a year.  Once Google Fiber is here, though, I don't think I'd pay more than Google charges.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 48 of 109

David_Hill wrote:

Where can we be notified when the Gigabit Pro service will be available in Atlanta?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 49 of 109

planetcoop wrote:

Any update for california residence?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 50 of 109

ComcastTeds wrote:

wcjulyan wrote:

I'm in Atlanta and have called several times during May (supposedly the launch month)....   

Thanks!