New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Of any install this was the most horrible I have ever endured

SOLVED
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5

I would recommend to keep using it if they have Xfinity currently.  For a new install or transfer I am I have now spent over 2 hours of my time to correct the not install that was done on Saturday the 15th and address the damages the installer did.  He tracked dirt and mud into my new town home, the install was not completely done (security items as in all of them were not activated), he refused to activate and co-axle jack other then the one in the spare room telling me nothing other then he would just not do it.  I called to address this with dispatch when he was here (4pm on the 15th) and he was on the phone laughing about it from my and my partners perspective, I called after he left (6-7pm on the 15th) and was told he didn't close the ticket and needed to call the next day and he also did not leave us all the equipment (like the second box) he also did not not connect he home phone and told us we are keeping our old area code and not a new one like we were told which cause massive problems to call and solve the next day and make none of my xfinity apps to work not. I called on the 16th and for about 10-15 secs of rustling before someone appeared to put on 'her' headset and got so rude with me that I hung up then I called back and was on the phone for and hour and twenty five minuets having talked to 4 people before getting a new install for Wednesday the 19th... but you did give me two credits and still unknown if my install fees were waived given my walls are damaged, i need to get my new town home carpet re shampooed, I spent as much of my personal time on the phone as the installer spent not doing what he should of just to get my internet and home phone to even work and get a tech to reinstall in 3 more days later.

At this point I am not sure what can be done to make this right as I assumed this would be done correclty on this past saturday; not endure damages to my home, have the install not done really in any way, call the customer service line while the tech was here to have him be contacted to laught about the situation or my complaint of how he was acting and to not have any of my devices work when he left (not do doing the regular showing us and we jsut wnated dhim out of our house.)

As I said I have called and feel with an appointment in three days on the 19th my issues are not resloved in any way.  I have damaged walls, I have filthy carpet that even my movers put shoe covers on for (that the Xfinity tech never did), the equipment is not working or appear inoperable after the tech iunstalled it and it isnt even active (was active enough for him to let the smoke dector to go off long enough to have the fire department called but not have the phone phone plugged in to get eh call from xfinity to verify it was a false alarm.)

If you cant fire this tech I would suggest only sending him on this he is certified for, of what I am not sure.  Help me in paying for repairing the wall damage and covering the cost to shampoo or clean the main floor from the mud and dirt he tracked in and about. reversed any install fee I will incure to fix thos botched attempt of a transfer. I would like free replacementds for the security equipemnt that was on/working prior to him intalling it. The second TV box that he sould have installed and did not leave I wold like accounted for and replaced. (I should note he told us to sell our old security items online to make up the costs for buying them as we are not using them.)

I feel like I am asking for a lot to be fixed and I hope you can really help as I feel he phone representatives have only offered marginal help but having to tell 5+ people what has occured I feel this is not fully understood by any of them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Great Job! Your reply has been accepted. Thank you for helping and Congrats on your 1st Solution.

Message 4 of 5
Solution
I will truthfully say at this point Comcast and the person who supervises the contractor the botched the install have done right by me in doing repairs and regaining my confidence. I am just waiting and seeing for the small details to pan out, like getting the X1 box top for my second tv from the store my self.
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 5

Hi PJD838, I apologize for your experiences with your install, I am showing that you called in recently and per notes a ticket was created to research the damages.  I will send you a private message with further information.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 5

Hi PJD838, thank you for the reply. I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 4 of 5
Solution
I will truthfully say at this point Comcast and the person who supervises the contractor the botched the install have done right by me in doing repairs and regaining my confidence. I am just waiting and seeing for the small details to pan out, like getting the X1 box top for my second tv from the store my self.
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 5

Thank you for the update PJD838, and glad everything was worked out.  If you have any troubles with the second box please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Thank you for your time!

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.