Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No internet service since noon

Most Valued Poster

No internet service since noon

I'd call but I've had Comcast mess with my service before and when I called, they try to take money from me, and I'd rather not deal with something like that. I did see something when I went to check my account, something about some equipment I need to get but all I have is a modem/wifi combo, and I can't imagine that going obsolete without some warning. Nothing mentioned in my snail mail bill or email. Or maybe that has nothing to do with it...who knows?

Can someone please look into that for me? thanks.

Edit: In order to save a little time, it's happened a half dozen time that Comcast will tell me there is something  wrong with my equipment/wiring, or whatever as long as it's mine and I can be charged to fix it. I never once let them come into my house, and I've never once had it actually be anything of mine, and after I refuse them, to come in, it always, and I mean every time, it magically comes back on, making it obvious they just cut my service for obvious reasons.

Point being, if that is the case here, please tell Comcast that I have checked the service at the box, the last of what Comcast is responsible for, and it's not working before it even comes into my house. IOW, it's not working on the part Comcast is responsible for.

Oh, and if that is the case, FWIW, please tell them to stop that. Smiley Happy

Around  36hrs without service as of a little after 8PM Sat.

Most Valued Poster

Re: No internet service since noon

Since I read here posts were answered in order of apearance, it's clear this one is being skipped over for whatever reason, so I'm taking that to mean I need to try something else.

Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

If you don't wish to wait for a reply: 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) or 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489)

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Most Valued Poster

Private messanging is not workinbg for me (nowhere to enter text, and it just looks all wrong.

Most Valued Poster

Been 4 days now and I've tried this as well as the Internet essentials website with no luck. Also I find if funny that on 2 devices I cannot do the requested PM, nor can I find anyone else is having trouble Private messaging..

Looks like thiis isn't going to work out...thanks just the same.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation