members

online now

discussions

No Two Year Agreement notification

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

I have been a Comcast customer for 18 years, and have stayed even when other companies have offered the same services, but today I am considering a change to a different provider because I am upset that I was not told I was entering into a two-year agreement.

On August 1st, I was interested in getting Showtime and called about my current services. The very nice representative I talked to thanked me for my 18 years as a customer and said he had a package that would give me Showtime, faster internet speed than my current service and cost $20 less each month. That sounded great to me. He never said it was a two-year agreement, he only told me the monthly amount. The acceptance of the new service was pushing "1" after a recorded message that said only... "press 1 if you accept these service changes".  A friend has had the Premium package for 12 years, but no interent and voice, so I told her about this great package that would include the cable she currently has plus add internet and phone, so yesterday I helped her, as her authorized agent, change her service to X1 Premium Triple. Again, no mention of a two-year contract and the same recorded acceptance "press 1 to accept these changes". Twice in two days there was no mention of a contract. I found out about it because in her email confirmation it specifically mentioned the contract, which was not mentioned in my email confirmation. I called immediately to ask and was told I had entered into a two-year contract. I had not agreed and would not have because I may be moving to a non-service area next year.  The plan I had for several years is no longer available, and so instead of getting a lower price I would have to choose a non-contract comparable service for a higher price.

I would like to know how Comcast can get away with claiming they disclosed the two-year agreement when clearly in two separate calls for service change on August 1st and 2nd it wasn't disclosed.  Both of us have now lost the pricing on our previous packages and have two-year agreements we weren't told about. There's no option to cancel and go back to our previous pricing. 

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hi DS1027. I can definitely understand your concerns. I would like to help make this right. I cannot promise we can get the same package or pricing back for you guys, but I can try to find non contract packages that will not make you responsible for ETF's since you know you will be moving soon. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon