Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

No Cable Lines

New Poster

No Cable Lines

I bought a new home that was just renovated. There are no cable lines through the house. Supoort is telling me you do not run cable through walls and I need to hire an electrician, which I guess is understandable. They are also telling me that you do not run cable to my house and that an electrician will have to run a cable out of my house to the street for you to connect to.

This doesn't sound right. Don't you have to run a cable line into my house at least? I can't even connect to the internet while I wait for an electrician. Please help!

Cable Expert

Re: No Cable Lines

Wiring inside is your responsibility. Wiring outside is Comcast's responsibility. I'd suggest you just go ahead and schedule an install appointment if your house is serviceable. The tech will either be able to install your service or advise you on what needs to be done by your electrician. There are other installation options, but you'll need a tech to fully evaluate exactly what you need. Running new coax is part of a professional install (not wall fishing though) -- After the initial install, you'll own the inside wiring. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I talked to them on the phone last night and they said the electrician had to run a line to the outside of my house for them to connect to. I said, can't you just run a line into my basement so I can at least connect my router and get internet and they said no. I don't feel like that's right. They should be running the line into the house and then the remainder of getting it around would be up to me/my electrician. 

Cable Expert

@dave_shoo wrote:

I talked to them on the phone last night and they said the electrician had to run a line to the outside of my house for them to connect to. I said, can't you just run a line into my basement so I can at least connect my router and get internet and they said no. I don't feel like that's right. They should be running the line into the house and then the remainder of getting it around would be up to me/my electrician. 

Whoever told you that needs some further training. The tech will run whatever lines necessary to get you service other than wall fishing. That includes running line(s) into your house as needed. Typically your electrician will run your coax lines to a central location near your electrical service entrance. That's usually in the basement or a utility closet. The tech will run the line from outside to that location. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Thank you. This was my expectation as well. I've reached out multiple times with the same answer. Telling me they will not run a line into my house but only attach to one on the outside. I'm not sure how to get this resolved.

Official Employee

Hello dave_shoo, the information that (nerdburg) provided is correct. We do not wire homes but we can provide coax cable if needed, we will also run a line from the nearest pole to your home to bring services to you. But everything else inside you would have to hire a contractor to complete the work. Please reach back out to me here if you have any other questions or concerns.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation