Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

New Service & Disconnect & New Service Again Nightmare (Yep, twice)

New Poster

New Service & Disconnect & New Service Again Nightmare (Yep, twice)

On Oct 12th

I called in to sign up for service. My address was ellgible for a promotion but the representative convinced me she had a better plan which included "Instant TV". 

First, I need to mention the falacy of Instant TV. The training for comcast reps and I have talked to multiple since Oct. 12th is Instant TV supports all smart devices. My wife called foul very quickly and me being the techie investigated. That training is very wrong, in fact it only supports mobile phones, the roku (without all features), and Samsung TVs. 

Now I have a service that was sold to me without support for my devices. No problem, I was told I can cancel the Instant TV within 30 days and get converted to the online deal. Nope. 

See, call center reps don't have access to see or use online offers. My critical mistake in this whole thing was calling in to setup service, why oh why did I do this? Because I have zero trust in the online process and I was told "Everything would be OK". 

Oct 15th 

I call in to have this fixed and as I mention above I'm told I cant get the online promo. Basically, I had to cancel my service I just signed up with, get disconnected, AND then sign back up. This was insane, all I needed was a competent person to help me. I went through managers and it became apparent this was all a pointless effort. I ended up ending the call and planning to clal in the future but dreading that moment. 

Nov. 10th

However, my 30 days was coming up, I thought maybe I could use chat to just get this fixed. They should have the tools right??? No, no they do not. Chat cannot disconnect service and shockingly, they have no ability to work with the promo plan either. I'm given a special "Team Number" to call which was just the same generic 800 # for Comcast where I had to cold call in and explain everything again. 

Then the disconnect service rep trys to sell me on packages I don't want. I can't blame her, it was her job, but what happened to flexibility? Good customer service is taking one look at my account and realizing this needs TLC action and standard operating procedure will not cut it. Not one person I have talked to or chatted with has offered a follow up, to keep this moving, to FIX my issue. 

After finishing the conversation I verified with her the disconnect would be immediate and she confirmed that. I was suspicous though and googled afterwards. Turns out there are reps not canceling accounts and letting the customer discover it. That is wrong and apparently the source of the issue is performance based. They get dinged for canceling an account, even if they played no part in it. That is so very wrong. 

Finally, I found this forum and similiar posts. I was going to direct message ComcastZach but DM for new users has been disabled since August, just my luck. I am posting this because even if that disconnect goes through my account is a mess and I still have to try and sign back up once the disconnect goes into effect. Essentially, I have spent hours because I made the mistake of calling Comcast and I potentially have that will be spent before this saga is over. 

Official Employee

Re: New Service & Disconnect & New Service Again Nightmare (Yep, twice)

Hi TechMassey,

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get this taken care of. I'd be happy to review the offers I have available in your area to see how I can make this right. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name " ComcastChe", then click private message me.