Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New Construction - Can't get taps

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 16

New Construction Home - I have been trying for over a month to get taps run to my house.  My neighbor 50 feet away has service.  Techs have come out on three different occassions, and it is always the same -  You need hot taps.  the Maintenance team was supposedly out to do the work on the 15th, but I received no confirmation this happened (no tag on the door).  When I look outside, there is nothing new and no hot taps in a location that a tech can get to to connect up the house.  At this point, I am having to wait for 5 more days before a tech will come out.  If they come out and tell me there are no Hot taps, it is going to be another week before I can get maintenance out and then 4 or 5 days for the techs for installation (this would be going into week 7 or 8 of waiting for service).  How can I get someone out to verify the taps are in place sooner?

15 REPLIES
Highlighted
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 16

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 16

Hi TimScruggs! After reviewing your account, I was able to verify Tech Ops did come out on 5/15 to make your tap hot. Normally when work is done on the outside of the home, the agents will not make physical contact with customers. I'm showing the job was completed and now we are just waiting for the field tech to come out and complete your install. To ensure everything is completed I would like to follow up with you after your tech leaves, is that ok with you? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 4 of 16

Thank you for verifying that information. Since we have been waiting six weeks, and we work from home most of the time, we would appreciate you expediting our appointment  so that we can have cable and Wi-Fi service prior to Wednesday. Thanks. 

Posted by
Admin1

Message 5 of 16

TimScruggs -- I reviewed our quota to see if we have any sooner appointments available. Due to the size of this job, installing all four of our products, Wednesday is the soonest available appointment day. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 16
The urget need is internet so we can work from home. At this point we request that you put us a priority for that, please. Again after six weeks of waiting on Comcast we are now in urgent need.

Being new customer ordering a suite of your products, most companies would be diligent to make sure we had a great experience. So far, not so much.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 7 of 16

I will initial this request for a sooner appointment. We cannot guarantee a sooner appointment will be available however we will see if this can be moved up. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 16

We were looking today and it may be the taps are down the street from our house.  That would be one pole over and across the street.  What happens if it needed to be run down one more pole, and then across the street to the pole on our yard?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 16

I've updated your work order to inform Tech Ops of your findings. They will be able to determine exactly which taps they need to they need to be connected to. I will follow up after your installation to see how everything went. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 16

Our technician was instructed to extend the cable from the pole down the street, and then to cross the street to our house.  He was able to do that (about 80 feet from the pole where the cale stopped to the next pole and then an additional 40 feet or so to cross the street to the pole at our house)

When he tested the signal strength and quality at the pole in front of our house, it was well below what was needed to set-up the services in our house.  He has informed his supervisor, but it sounds like we will need to have the maintenance group come out and do work at the street to bring up the signal strength and quality before we can have our installtion done.

Right now we are at 6 weeks since our initial request.  What can we do to escalate getting maintenance out to correct the signal strength and quality issue, and then get the tech out again for our installation?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 11 of 16

Thank you for the update on your installation. I reviewed your account and your installation has been rescheduled to allow time to improve your signal strength. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 16

Ok - I am assuming that between now and our appoinment on the 30th that someone from Maintenance or Construction group will be out to address the signal strength / quality of the lines.  is that correct?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 13 of 16

That is my understanding as well. That way everything is ready for install. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 16

Well, the tech came out and the signal is even worse than it was last week.  Apparently the signal has now been lost for the customer down the street as well

Our tech has made maintenance aware.  This is his third time out to us after being promised that the work had been done.  This is the 5th time a tech has been out, and we are now on week 7 of our request for service.

Is there someone I can call at corporate who can look into why this is such an issue to get one house connected with everyone around us already connected?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 15 of 16

In calling for help to fix the issue, I spent over an hour on the phone with Customer Support.  After being shuffled around to different groups, it was finnaly determined that we need to have an extension with taps installed on the post closest to our house (which I asked for 4 weeks ago, based on what I was told by the tech that has since been out two more times).  This ticket has been created, but the earliest date they could get was June 9th.  This is totally unaccepatable.  

We started this process on April 18th.  At that point, we are going to be past 8 weeks to get service.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 16 of 16

Tim we understand your frustration with how long this has taken to be completed. I've reached out to the local office to see if we're able to get this completed sooner than 6/9. Once we have and update we will be able to provide you with an update on if this can be done before then. ComcastDanB

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.