New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Need Help with Two Things, Please, in a Certain Order

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 6

1)  I need help with my most current bill, AND all the $10.00 per month overcharges in my Internet service charges for almost every month for a year.   I have really tried and have been forced to spend ridiculous amount of time on this without ever any permanent correction by Comcast.

ONLY AFTER THIS IS COMPLETELY-Corrected and resolved, which I certainly deserve and have deserved for this almost whole past 12 months....

2) I want to upgrade my equipment and Comcast services.

Trying to choose channel packages/channel line-ups, choose equipment etc. Is impossible to do using the Comcast Website--because it lacks any details.  I even accepted that Comcast Website's Chat invitation, as although the Chat Agent was very nice, he could not help me either.

Note:  the Comcast modem I have rented for many, many years completely stopped functioning in February 2017 and the CC tech who replaced it showed me the Comcast Set Top Boxes that I have needed for years and years but Comcast only recently has these boxes (but I had no way of knowing these boxes existed in the Comcast World) until that Comcast Tech showed them to me because he had them on his truck.  The boxes are xg2 boxes.  I want the x platform, but no recording--I own my own recording equipment.  This is the first time I ever knew about these boxes--on the back:  cable in, cable out, HDMI, composite jacks (red, yellow, white)--I cannot remember if they also have component jacks.  No one in Comcast call centers has ever heard of the xg2 boxes.  By the way, one model of xg2 box does NOT HAVE any composite jack and not any component jacks either.  To make thing MORE CONFUSING some xg2 boxes DO record and some DO NOT record.

There are comments on the xg2 boxes on the forums.  I did look up more information about them on the internet.  Many (not all) articles I read included Comcast having these boxes.  Alot of my own on-line research included picture of thes boxes--especially the backs of them.  That is how I learned that some of these xg2 boxes have much less types of jacks on the back than what the Comcast Tech showed on his truck.  I do not want to misinform anyone on the Forum.

I would really appreciate help with these things.  Thank you, in advance.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 6

I have had service at my current address since 1985 (this is in Comcast Custormer Records about my account.  I have never once failed to pay my total bill AND I have never had one, single late payment.  My Comcast monthly bills, like everyone's, increase and increase.  For one matter, alone, the internet portion of my bill had become ridiculously expensive for a very low speed (Performance, 25 mg).

April 16, 2016 I posted on the Forum 'Any doubleplays in my area'?

ComcastDawn sent me a Private message right away.  I really appreciated that.  Her PM quoted a specific amount and speed that she had available for me.  I printed that out.  The Forums were having problems, at that time, as well as my rented Comcast modem, so I could not follow up on this with ComcastDawn online on the Forums--even though I wanted to).  Instead, I was really forced to call Comcast on the phone and get what ComcastDawn had offered.  This took days and days, including numerous transfers, to numerous Comcast departments (and the usual Comcast side phone disconnects with almost every transfer).  FINALLY, a Comcast employee was able to do this on April 23, 2016 (IT TOOK 7 DAYS).  I really appreciated getting this change up to Blast, 75 for a lot less money. 

AT first, my Comcast bill was correct--I understood all the adjustments--since April 23, 2016 was late in my current month bill cycle and my bill was completely correct.  (Adjustments can be quite confusing).   Suddenly, a couple of months later (after my Comcast internet speed and equipment portion of my Comcast bills being consistaetly correct), became INCORRECT.  The overcharges were always an exact $10.00 more than they should have been every single month.

I would call Comcast Customer Service/billing.  I would have to go through an explanation every time, since every Comcast Agent I reached seemed to have a very difficult time understand why my bill was wrong--then, having an even more difficult time of knowing how to fix the problem, including the necessary credits/refunds back to me on my bill  AND how to fix this from that moment on, so that I would not be over-charged any more.

The Comcast mistakes of $10 per month overcharges continued on and on,  including right this minute, including my latest bill.  Over this almost year of time, I have only gotten a total of $20.00 of credits--and these came in different months and only $10.00, at a time.  My account was never corrected--no matter what I did, no matter how clearly I spoke and no matter how carefully I documented this and could provide very specific details --day of the week, month, date, time of my conversation with Comcast Agent--even the Agents name (always only a first name--they never will provide last names.  I would even provide the geographical location of the Agent (Mexico, Philippines, Costa Rico, USA, Mississippi).  All of my time, effort, great care with accuracy and details have not ever resulted in my bill being corrected and/or any credits Comcast OWES me  (except for thos two (2) times of $10 each time (months apart).

At this point, Comcast OWES ME $100.00 in credits to my account.  I became really determined about this a couple of days ago.  I have spent an enormous amount of hours on the phone with Comcast for the past 2 days.  Within these hours, I have spent, at least 2 hours of being on hold while an Agent either looked something up, said he/she was consulting with Supervisor, and/or being transferred again and again and again.

I really need to get this resolved.  Can someone, please, help?  I am so exhausted with this.  In fact,  I said Comcast can keep the overcharges of $50.00 from 2016, I just want the $10 per month refunded for 2017, so far (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, and May which is due on May 5, 2017).  Comcast Agents would not give me one, single penny of the refund money they OWE me.

Again, can a Forum Comcast Employee, PLEAE, PLEASE help me?

I will take advice from any Forum members also.

Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 3 of 6

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread in 12-48 hours.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 4 of 6

Hi edron -- I can help with your account issues. I reviewed your account and looks like you spoke with an agent about these issues already. Were they able to address all your concerns?

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 5 of 6

Comcast Zach, I really appreciate your reply.  FINALLY, I reached a CC Agent, (Palken--not sure of spelling), in a Philippinescall center.  She was very nice.  She said, they have no way of crediting me the actual amount of credits that I am due.  I, therefore, asked he IF she could, at least credit me for the $10.oo per month overcharges on my Comcast bills for 2017--Jan, Feb, March, April--this last due on may5, 2017, in other words, $40.00.  She said she COULD do that.  Her email to me broke this $40.00 credit up in two (2) parts: $19.50 and $20. 50 (totalling $40.00).  I have no idea why Polken had to break the $40.00 up into two (2) different amounts.  The only way she was able to give me a $40.00 credit was only because, I told her that ' just to get this year-long Comcast matter behind me and up-to-date, at least to the current bill, Comcast can keep the $10.00 overcharges from 2016.  If I had NOT offered that, Palken would not/could not credit me , even, one penny. 

I asked to speak to her Supervisor, (Marvin--also Philippines).  I told Marvin that on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being BEST, that I thought that Palken was a 10+. 

Although I do not know why Comcast will NOT fix Customers bills, as soonas they call in (as I did, in 2016, and also end up NEVER  corrected the Customers' bills--as happened to me, despite a number of calls (and all the repeated transfer--taking up hours of my time.  I do NOT understand WHY Comcast refuses, also, to give the Customer credits for the full amount(s) of the overcharges, either.  This is dishonest and bad business.  This is , also, foolish on the part of Comcast, in my opinion.   I have had cable service at THIS address since 1985.  I have NEVER had, even ONE, SINGLE LATE FEE from Comcast.  In fact, I pay in full, every, single month and usually pay very early.   Furthermore, Comcast has $Billions and  $Billions of dollars more than my modest, little financial means.   Yet, I was forced to donate (concede) all those overcharges into the Comcast coffers.  If I did not do that, I would not have gotten any refunds--ALL Comcast "mistakes".

Somehow, those Comcast "mistakes" in my experience over these 30+ years, always seem to be "mistakes" that benefit COMCAST--never me.  I have read about this type of Comcast behavior for years and year. This happens to other Comcast Customers all the time.  This has to be stopped (by Comcast).

ComcastZach, I want to be able to keep my Blast Speed (75 mbps), can you , please help me with this and how much will it cost per month?  Anything less in speed does not work with the various and sundry Comcast and/or Xfinity web sites, CC/Xfinity user interfaces--at least not in my area.  These have mountains of components, graphics, elements, etc. 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 6 of 6

Thank you for the update. I have confirmed these credits have applied to your account. I do have some price options for you that align with what you were expecting. I have sent those to you via PM.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.