Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

(NO, NOT YET SOLVED!) How again do I downgrade?

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 17

Yet again my bill went up and I wasn't even told the month before that it would.  I have always had unlimited internet on my Verizon phone, so why would pricing me out of Comcast service be productive? This seems like nickel and diming with the goal of forcing my bill up slowly monthly.

Any help is appreciated.

16 REPLIES
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 2 of 17

What is the price to go down to just 10mbps?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 17

Thank you for reaching out to us and I would like to look at this for you. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 4 of 17

Hi Shane,

I cannot for some reason PM you.  When I click on your name and pm as instructed, it only lets me have a box to search the forum.

Please reply, I see that the rate went up a second time in 2 months. 

Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 5 of 17

Hi wastednight. I have received your private message on behalf of ComcastShane and I have responded.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 17

Hi,

Awaiting your or Shane's response to my response to your PM.

Thank you.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 17

Edited due to information

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 17
Solution

BTW, this was marked solved based on a solution and quote they gave me that I agreed to and they put another price and plan on.  so it is NOT SOLVED!!!!!! I will let you know when it is!

Hello,

That is fine.

Contact me via PM if you need further info.  That is agreeable.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 17

This is agreeable as long as that is the final price after all taxes and fees

thanks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 17

I have a copy of what was offered.

Please confirm.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 11 of 17

So,

You quoted one thing, Performance Internet, sent me an email to update my account at a DIFFERENT price, then on the account you made a one time charge for 53.22 for HIGH Speed internet even though that is NOT what I wanted or ordered, and STILL it has the erroneous charge scheduled to be taken out automatically on the 25th!!! I should be getting a credit for the fee I paid last month and the one scheduled to be taken out this month.  I guess thats why we should NEVER sign up for auto pay.  PLEASE refer to your quoted prices.  If it would help, I will post all our PMS here in a row so we can see what was offered and I can c and p what is being charged!

Please fix the erroneous charges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK you very much.  I await the issue to be resolved!!!!

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 17

still waitng for update.

Thanks

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 17

wondering why no one answered my pm?  The offered price was keyed in wrong.  Waiting...Should I start another thread since this one is erroneously marked "SOLVED" ?

Thanks.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 17

also, why does my account show that I have tv service, when I've never had anything but internet?  Is that where the confusion with my bills lies?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 15 of 17

starting another thread to ask get this problem fixed.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 17
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 17 of 17

the reply I finally got after 3 days was that a mistake was made, we will give you a small credit (some for the already false charge on my account for a plan I didn't order) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We made a digital handshake! The mod posted it on here but with my real name, so took it down...(I have a screenshot) and then did in pm as well.  Asked me several times if I agreed and I ask questions and agreed and he said keying it in and sending it in official email.  The Email said YOU Agree to this and it was WRONG!! more than $15 more a month and then some rando charge for HIGH SPEED internet and my account say that's what I wanted when I AGREED to PERFORMANCE.   He told me to keep a copy of his offer and I DID!!! Ones made in several prices. Then it's been THREE days and finally "oh I made a mistake and cant and wont honor it".

COMCAST MUST accept responsibility for its offers and handshakes!!!!  HOW else will ANYONE here believe ANY mod!!!!!!?!?!?!

This is absolutely unacceptable!

People should Quit their accounts and shop around.  Now verizon has unlimited and you can tether your device if you don't use internet much.  May be the only way to go!  I AM VERYVERY VERY Upset!   

People, if you made a "deal" with comcastinsertnames on here, go CHECK your account, chances are it never showed up, or was changed without your permission. Or that you get some rando change (listed under "billing" tab where you wont see it unless you look).  Maybe do NOT do autopay. 

This will make you look at these bogus keyed in $$$$$+$$$$ for ABC and XYZ.  Make them SHOW you a running list of the charges and what they are for (how will my elderly parents reconcile ETF+onetime FEE +first months fee and last months + credit - adjusted fee???) all for dates in the future and dates in the past?