Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

My "free" install...

New Poster

My "free" install...

I recently subbed to Comcast and elected to get the free install.  Shortly after the tech left, I noticed that one of the bedroom sets had terrible audio/video cutout issues (evidently the tech didn't check his work before he left).  I called in the issue that day and they sent a technician out to fix the issue the next day;  the tech had run both a coax and HD cable and the interference was causing the cutouts.  The tech told me there would be no charge since the install was performed just the day before and the original technician was at fault.

So I get my first complete bill and it includes a $60 charge for the second tech visit.  I started on online chat with an overseas rep and they insisted the charge was legit, which completely nullified the free install.  After arguing for a good 30 min and promising that I would terminate my service before paying any charge, they tried to lower it to $25 and finally removed it completely (allegedly...we'll see if they keep their word on the next billing cycle).

I'm sure there are thousands of examples of similar shakedowns on this forum but I just wanted to share mine;  I haven't even paid my first complete bill and already having to do with this foolishness.

Official Employee

Re: My "free" install...

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.