members

topics

Moving soon - don't want the self-install kit

ANSWERED
Highlighted
New Poster

Moving soon - don't want the self-install kit

Good Afternoon,

I'm going to be moving my service soon. I currently have internet/cable but I plan on dropping the cable. I already own my own modem. I'd like to just do a self-install but I don't want to be charged $30 for the self-install kit ($15 for the kit and $15 for shipping, if I'm reading correctly). Is there any way to get around that charge? I already have plenty of coaxial and ethernet cables and I'll be moving into an apartment that has only been supported by Comcast, so there's no way the previous tenant wasn't connected.

Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Re: Moving soon - don't want the self-install kit

First, how much do you know about the new address? Are you sure it is self install ready? (Meaning Comcast had service there recently, and signal still coming in) Anyway, the easiest way is to call the 877 338 7017 number (thats is their movers line) They can set you up for a self install without any charge for any kit while transferring. (If it is eligible to do so)
View answer in context
Regular Contributor

First, how much do you know about the new address? Are you sure it is self install ready? (Meaning Comcast had service there recently, and signal still coming in) Anyway, the easiest way is to call the 877 338 7017 number (thats is their movers line) They can set you up for a self install without any charge for any kit while transferring. (If it is eligible to do so)
New Poster

Thank you so much! I believe Comcast is the only provider servicing the building, so the previous renters should have had an account with them. I really appreciate the phone number! That should hopefully save me some of the time I would have spent calling the main line.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation