Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Modem registered to another account

ANSWERED
New Poster

Modem registered to another account

A few months ago I purchased a compatible modem.  I connected the modem and registered at our rental home to test it out.  Two weeks ago we purchsased a home and have moved.  My internet is working but the modem is not registered to the account, instead it is registered to my former landlords account.  I called tech support and was told that I would have to take the modem to a service center to prove I owned it?  Even though I was listed as an alternate on the landlords account they would not disconnect it from that account.  Any ideas on how to fix without going to the service center, and if I do have to go, what do I bring with me?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: Modem registered to another account

Hi, TomE46 - Let me see if I can remove your modem from your landlord's account. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

View answer in context
Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi, TomE46 - Let me see if I can remove your modem from your landlord's account. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation