Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Marketing Flyer Not Being Honored

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 16

We received marketing material from Xfinity in the mail that really caught our attention as AT&T U-Verse customers at the time.  Offer was for a bundle with choice of HBO or Showtime to be included with 3-year agreement.

After numerous calls we are being charged for HBO.  Additionally, now on two separate occassions I was told I would receive a call back and that never happened.  The second time was directly by a supervisor!  Last call took place on Thursday, April 6th and we were told a return call would be placed in a couple days.  I am now writing in this forum late night on Wednesday, April 12th and no such return call has occurred.

Please do not refer to a confirmation e-mail either as that was completely wrong and didn't even have our second and third receivers mentioned either.  If calls are recorded you will clearly here us describing the marketing flyer in detail and that being agreed to by the salesperson who signed us up.  I still have the flyer if anyone with decision making authority needs proof.  It is signed by Larry Schweber, Vice President - Marketing.  Please Comcast, simply honor HBO for the 3-year agreement as stated.

Thank you.

15 REPLIES
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 2 of 16

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread in 12-48 hours.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 16

Hi Alviston -- I can help with this HBO issue. I reviewed the package you signed up for and it would not come with HBO for 3 years. Are you able to post a picture of this flyer? We're going to need to see it in order to further assist.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 4 of 16

As requested, your marketing flyer is now attached.

Can you please explain as well why I received no return call from the supervisor and also, did you listen to the initial call where this flyer was described in detail to your salesperson who acknowledged it?

Thanks for your help ComcastZach.

-Alviston

Xfinity Flyer.jpg
Posted by
Cable Expert

Message 5 of 16

That's a good deal. I want that too!

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 16

nerdburg, it is a good deal and that's exactly why we switched from AT&T U-Verse when we received the offer as stated in my initial post to this thread.  I sent everything over to ComcastZach as you could see above.  Hopefully this will clear the matter once and for all with the "proof" supplied.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 7 of 16

Thank you for posting the flyer. It does clear up what happened. That flyer shows that you would get HBO or Showtime for 3 years if you signed up Xfinity Extreme Plus. You signed up for X1 Preferred Extreme Double Play instead which does not come with HBO or Showtime for 3 years. You would need to switch your subscription to the package listed in the flyer to get HBO or Showtime included for 3 years. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 16

That is not at all what was communicated on our call to sign up.  Please review the phone records and recordings of our call.  I was very clear to ask if the HBO or Showtime offer was included if we upgraded from what was offered on the phone to the Double Play and your sales associate was adamant that it did.

Also, I still have not been given any explanation as to why a supervisor told me they would call back and never did.  I would like answers to both items please.

1. Did you listen to the sales call where I clarify the flyer andwhat we are being told is included?
  2. Why did a supervisor say one thing and do another, not returning the call when they specifically said a return call would be made in roughly two to three days?

Please advise.  Thank you.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 9 of 16

I have reviewed your phone call with that sales agent. Everything was communicated clearly about what this package included. The agent confirmed with you several times that you were signing up for Preferred Double Play, which is a different offer than what is shown on the flyer. The agent confirmed this package does include Starz but not HBO or Showtime. During that call you do inquire about having HBO included in this package. The agent informs you that HBO is not included with the package but can be added as a bolt-on service. 

The Supervisor you spoke with did not promise a return call. They spoke with you about this HBO issue and requested the same flyer that I have requested. As you did not have it available at the time you spoke with them they informed you that no further action could taken without it. 

If you do wish to switch your package to the package listed on the flyer then we can certainly have it applied along with HBO. Since HBO does not come with the package you signed up for we'll be unable to add it for 3 years. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 16

You have got to be kidding me ComcastZach, seriously?  I referenced this flyer multiple times in the call, confirming at least twice before making the switch from U-Verse.  You know it, I know it.

Then on top of that you tell me the suepervisor did not promise a return phone call!  Absolutely 100% false.  He typed an e-mail to someone he knew with Comcast in Miami, FL asking if they knew about the flyer as I did not have it on me at the time but obviously since found it.  He specifically said "I will listen to your call and return a call to you in roughly two days."  I then replied, "Okay, so I can expect to hear back from you by Tuesday then at the latest?" (call with Supervisor took place on Thursday)

This is getting ridiculous now; it really is.  Only you have the recording of the call, I wish so bad you would post it on the forum for all to hear but I know you won't.  You know only you have access to the call and are holding that over my head now and even more unfortunate outright lying about what was commuinicated on the initial sales call and what the supervisor said.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 11 of 16

I'm sorry that you disagree with these findings but these findings are conclusive. The flyer shows that HBO would be included with the package listed on the flyer. Having HBO included for 3 years was not an offer that was transferable to any other package. As you did not sign up for the package listed in the flyer, HBO would not be included for 3 years. We can switch you to that package if you'd like. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 16

"Having HBO included for 3 years was not an offer that was transferable to any other package."

That is exactly why I asked the clarifying questions when we chose the package we did with your sales team.  If your salesperson made a mistake I get it and that's all I need to hear, but don't keep coming back at me with untrue statements and "findings."  I am ready to stand behind the call that was recorded, is Comcast?

The flyer that grabbed my attention was the sole reason I called in the first place.  I am not naive to marketing tactics which is why I clarified on at least two occassions during the call that the same offer applied with the package chosen.  Listen to the call again please.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 13 of 16

This call has been listened to. The flyer is very clear about the package offer for Extreme Plus and what comes with it. The flyer is for that package and that package only, with HBO or Showtime being included for 3 years with that package only. Per that phone call the sales agent does not state that HBO would be included with the Preferred Double Play you signed up for. The sales agent confirmed and informed you that only Starz came with the package you signed up for. HBO cannot be added for 3 years as it was not part of the package you signed up for. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 16

What you are stating is simply false and the proof is in the recording of that phone call.  I clearly asked, again at least twice, if the promotion for HBO would be included in the package chose and your sales agent confirmed it would be.

The proof is in that phone call; very convenient for you not to share it isn't it. 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 15 of 16

I'm sorry you feel that way and sorry that you disagree with these findings. You are correct that you did ask about HBO however you are incorrect that the sales agent confirmed it would come with. Only premium channel they confirmed would come with would be Starz. We will be unable to add HBO for 3 years as it did not come with the package you signed up for. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 16 of 16

Initially the sales agent did mention what you are saying.  I then mention the flyer, again at least twice, describing in detail what it says and it was confirmed HBO would be included.  Your salesperson obviously just wanted t get me on and off the phone and schedule delivery as soon as possible.  I will say again, if she made a mistake just say so but don't come back at me with false statements about what was discussed and confirmed.  Just share the call and it's done.

Are you going to tell me that I didn't ask for (3) receivers also?  Guess what, your salesperson didn't even catch that and sent the confirmation and a technician out with only (1) receiver to install as well.  The lack of integrity is really something else; good thing you guys have the best products and no one else can figure out how to properly compete.

You know it and I know it what the truth is and it is on that call.  One last time I will request the call to be shared as there is no doubt what was shared between myself and your salesperson.

Please post the recording and let's settle this once and for all.