Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Looking to downgrade or cancel my service

Frequent Visitor

Looking to downgrade or cancel my service

I switched from DirecTV to Xfinity a year or so back. Back then there were a few hiccups getting the package I wanted, but ultimately I've been satisfied with my doubleplay package. Then six months ago, I lost a premium channel, and was told that it was an 'introductory price' and it was removed from my package, which is strange, since most of the time, you would expect that the premium channel would be left on and I would be charged a higher price. I didn't fight that and got the premium channel subscription somewhere else.

Then, last month I noticed a increase in my monthly charges. Again, it looks like some sort of 'introductory price' had expired and I was being charged more. It's getting to be too much.

I don't mind paying a reasonable amount for good service and content. When I initially switched, I was quoted a reasonble price that I was told was not introductory or required a contract. I have now been told the the price was introductory and part of a contract price.

Of course, DirectTV has been hounding me with mailers and phone calls to switch back. The offers are looking better all the time. Can someone here find out why my negotiated price was not honored? If not, how can I go about canceling my service? Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Re: Looking to downgrade or cancel my service

You already answered your own question. Your 'negotiated price' was a promotion. All new customers are setup with a discounted price point. Every provider has the same business model as well. You say the rep told you it wasn't 'introductory' or a contract, but I believe you may have misunderstood or are just trying to get your old price back. You also have to agree to the contract terms before getting setup.
Frequent Visitor

Um, no. I specifically said, 'no contract', and the rep agreed. Not sure why you think you know what the convo between us was. And as for trying to get my old price back - I wouldn't be here if the price/service hadn't changed, if Xfinity had upheld their side of the agreement. Are you an apologist for Xfinity?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello tkim6599. I can assist with reviewing your account and the promotion you were originally signed up for. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

@ComcastJoeTru--I'm having a similar issue, but different circumstances.  Is this something you can help me out with as well?

Thanks!

Official Employee

@darrylmccallum. Yes, I can help. Please create a new thread post for your issue. Do not include personal info. Please '@' tag me so I am alerted to the post, so I can respond. Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation