Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Local oversight and regulating body?

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

Since Comcast has a contracted monopoly in areas, who is the local regulating authority that is responsible for fielding complaints?  Something on the order of a Public Service Commission.  County commissioners?

As an aside, I just love the methods of contacting customer or tech service they use.  A chat system that is never connected, and their phone contact which basically says "Leave your phone number. Don't call us, we'll call you."  :/

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Message 2 of 6

Your County Commisioners would be the place to start.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 6

Thanks.  I'm sitting here waiting for the telephone call back I was promised at 4:06pm today.  Of course, when the notice says I will be called back on 4:09, I guess it is my fault for assuming they mean eastern standard time, where I am located.

comcast_01.JPG

And this is my second attempt today.  :/

Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 4 of 6

Rich_Z wrote: ... who is the local regulating authority that is responsible for fielding complaints? ...

Look on your bill for a "Franchise Authority" and its contact information. You can view a copy of the bill in "My Account" under "Billing".

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 6

[quote]Look on your bill for a "Franchise Authority" and its contact information. You can view a copy of the bill in "My Account" under "Billing".[/quote]

Thanks, but I looked and didn't see any such information.  I found a phone number (800-934-6489), so I'm going to try calling that tomorrow and see if I can reach anyone.  I've also got a note with an old phone number (800-266-2278) that I am going to try too.

Tried three (or was it four?) times today to get a call back, which never happened.  Also tried numerous times to try to engage someone in chat, but all I get it the display below for all eternity, if I let it stay up, I guess.

comcast_02.JPG

I think they need to ad the text "after Heck freezes over" to that text line.  **Really? H_e_l_l is a "bad word".

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 6

Those two phone numbers are for Comcast, btw.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon